Mods for my Fizzer!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably a little off-topic, but I finally received the stuff I ordered from PowerSports Plus.

I ordered $140 worth of fork and caliper seals, RaceTech fork springs, and paid via Paypal.

Interestingly, the next day, PowerSports Plus deducted $41 for shipping. (I was expecting to have to agree to a shipping charge, once it had been calculated)

I thought $41 was a bit rich, but as I apparently didn't have a choice, just accepted it was necessary.

Anyway, I receive a big box on my doorstep - and I was curiously excited (Fork springs must be a lot bigger than I thought!)

WP_000572.jpg

I open the box to see this: (the internal box wasn't open, I opened it for effect)

WP_000575.jpg

Obviously PowerSports Plus have interests in USPS?

Once unpacked, you can see the following:

WP_000573.jpg

As you can see, the VAST majority of the box contents was filling (the green, air-filled pockets) the fork springs and caliper/fork seals took up bugger all space.

Now at least I know why they charged me $41! (and before you start thinking they charged me for cubic weight - the actual springs and seals, in the smaller internal box, only weighed 900g (2lb)

So, do I have any recourse at this blatant overcharging?

Cheers,
Rick

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably a little off-topic, but I finally received the stuff I ordered from PowerSports Plus.

I ordered $140 worth of fork and caliper seals, RaceTech fork springs, and paid via Paypal.

Interestingly, the next day, PowerSports Plus deducted $41 for shipping. (I was expecting to have to agree to a shipping charge, once it had been calculated)

I thought $41 was a bit rich, but as I apparently didn't have a choice, just accepted it was necessary.

Anyway, I receive a big box on my doorstep - and I was curiously excited (Fork springs must be a lot bigger than I thought!)

WP_000572.jpg

I open the box to see this: (the internal box wasn't open, I opened it for effect)

WP_000575.jpg

Obviously PowerSports Plus have interests in USPS?

Once unpacked, you can see the following:

WP_000573.jpg

As you can see, the VAST majority of the box contents was filling (the green, air-filled pockets) the fork springs and caliper/fork seals took up bugger all space.

Now at least I know why they charged me $41! (and before you start thinking they charged me for cubic weight - the actual springs and seals, in the smaller internal box, only weighed 900g (2lb)

So, do I have any recourse at this blatant overcharging?

Cheers,
Rick
I agree, they are taking the proverbial pi55, I suspect that they have a deal with UPS that prices by the size of the package up to a certain weight.
I mean they are steel fork springs, even the most careless freight loader isn't going to damage them.

Neil

Neil

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I suspect that they have a deal with UPS that prices by the size of the package up to a certain weight.

Yeah Neil, that's what cubic weight is (based on size or weight, whichever is the greater)

The problem with that is that package should have cost no more than $17 via USPS. (as all the other things I buy from the States are)

So, there has been some gouging, methinks.....

Cheers,
Rick

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
In Canada if you get a shipment from the States VIA UPS they give you a call at home before they ship it to you and ask if you want them to act as your broker. If you don't agree they ship it back to the sender. When you do agree you get dinged a outrageous amount. I once was charged $60 dollars on an item that was worth $200. I once told a UPS agent that they were holding my package hostage until I paid the ransom. Avoid UPS at all costs, FedEx isn't much better.