Mobil Speedpass

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you haven't herd of or used a Mobil Speedpass you should seriously consider getting one.

Scenario:

It is hot outside (or cold I guess), and you are in need of some gasoline. You hate having to take off your gloves, helmet, or other gear at the gas station.

Why not leave all of the gear on and speed up the process?

-------

I just signed up for Mobil's Speedpass system and have used it a few times. Basically, you add this little device to your keychain.

1997.jpg

When you are at a Mobil pump, just tap the device near the Mobil horse logo and the payment authorization process begins. Once authorized, you can begin pumping! No need to get the wallet out of your inner jacket pocket to get to your credit card etc!

You can sign up for it at.... https://www.speedpass.com/forms/frmSpHome.aspx

Once you sign up and enter your credit card information online, Mobil will ship you one of their devices in a few days. Once you get it, you just have to go back online to your account and click activate.

This is one of my favorite "bike" accessories to date!

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
This came out over a decade ago, but I never considered getting it because I didn't see the added benefit outweighing the negative of carrying around a separate fob.

On the other hand, that was when I didn't own a bike. :) Might consider it now. Have you hit any stations that require your zip code as an added security measure?

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
This came out over a decade ago, but I never considered getting it because I didn't see the added benefit outweighing the negative of carrying around a separate fob.

On the other hand, that was when I didn't own a bike. :) Might consider it now. Have you hit any stations that require your zip code as an added security measure?

I haven't. Although, one thing I should note is that sometimes when you use it, the scrolling word display will say "Invalid Payment". Continue to wait and it will switch to authorizing.

Screwed me up the first time, was wondering what I did wrong! haha

And the FOB is so small that it really doesn't even feel like there is another fob on my keyring.

jts6yf

Reaction score
Visit site
The speed pass is pretty spectacular. It also comes in handy that I work at a Mobil gas station :D

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site

I've have one in my tank bag and one on my car keychain. The other month I managed to leave the house without my wallet and damn near ran out of gas in my car, but he speedpass saved my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me about this! To tell the truth I wonder why all gas stations don't offer this!

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Jack in the box tried this for awhile but every machine is now broken hahaha. I wish shell had this option since that is where i always get my gas for convenience.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the speedpass gizmo for probably 10 years. It is convenient for sure.

I find when using it on the bike you still have to enter your zip code and for that I have to at least remove my right glove.

And I recently found out how cool it is to pay for gatorade and a snack inside the store with speedpass as well

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the speedpass gizmo for probably 10 years. It is convenient for sure.

I find when using it on the bike you still have to enter your zip code and for that I have to at least remove my right glove.

And I recently found out how cool it is to pay for gatorade and a snack inside the store with speedpass as well

I have never had to enter a zip code. Wonder if it knows that the linked card is debit vs credit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2