misfire when cold

05yamahafz6

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a 2005 fz6 that i bought about 2 months ago. bike has about 14000 miles on it and has had tps replaced twice before i owned the bike. the last owner didnt drive it much for about a year.

the bike seems to have a misfire. when it is cold. you can hear and feel the miss every 5-10 seconds from the exhaust, and as it warms up it mostly goes away and it is barely noticable when warm.

Since i didnt know the history of the bike i changed sparkplugs, air filter,seafoam in gas, and had dealer sych throttle bodies.

i noticed the problem is still their after tune up and had dealer look at the bike, they said that the miss at cold start is perfectly normal, and it goes away when warm and that it runs great.

is what the dealer said true or did they just do bad diagnosis?
Can you point me in the direction of what could be causing this?

sorry about how long the post is,

Chris

I have an '07 and when it's cold it does the same, it is normal for warm up. If it continues when the engine is at normal operating temp then further diagnoses is needed.

My '09 doesn't quite "misfire" at cold start-up, but it does sound a bit lumpy for a short while. Usually within a minute or so the idle smooths out, well before I've finished getting on helmet, jacket, gloves, etc.

Back