mirrors

bleedblue

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought bar end mirrors because I hate how high the fz6 mirrors are. I dont know if anyone else has taken there's off. Is there anything that made or any Idea's on how to cover the holes were the old mirrors bolted in. I don't wanna ride around with 4 holes next to my windshield.

teamdan

Reaction score
Visit site
I've replaced my mirrors recently with bar ends and have the same issue, any ideas would be appreciated.
Want to still be able to use the original mirror holes though if something was to happen to the bar ends.

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
If one was so inclined some cool accent lighting/signal lights could be mounted on the mounts to cover the holes. Just an idea...

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I used R1 mirror block off plates I got cheap on eBay. Kinda ugly, but a modest improvement.

dsc0320o.jpg

dsc0321xo.jpg

Joe

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hardware shop.....get some black rubber plugs in the size required, and push them in....

The plugs are the ones they use to plug any metal, or plastic tube.

Cost's about 50 cents...hardest thing is finding the right size...

:thumbup:

DEATH4OF4

Reaction score
Visit site
just took my mirrors off too... thought they looked like bug antenna's. i stuck 2 3inch mirrors on the inside the cowl on the plastic i can see good and i don't have to worry about bar-ends getting broken off. i was looking at pig spotter mirrors but the 3inchers were 6 bucks. as for the block off plates i ordered some for an r6 off ebay for 27$.hope everything works out.whatever the outcome it look ten times better without the mirrors.

bleedblue

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered mirror blocker turn signals for a R1 the length and width was almost the same so hopefuly i can use the rubber off the mirrors to go around the lights I will post pics as soon as I get it done

Speedo007

Reaction score
Visit site
just took my mirrors off too... thought they looked like bug antenna's. i stuck 2 3inch mirrors on the inside the cowl on the plastic i can see good and i don't have to worry about bar-ends getting broken off. i was looking at pig spotter mirrors but the 3inchers were 6 bucks. as for the block off plates i ordered some for an r6 off for 27$.hope everything works out.whatever the outcome it look ten times better without the mirrors.

Have pictures of that setup? Considering replacing those poor OEM mirrors too...

Speedo007

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok now I'm sure I'm changing the OEM mirrors, mostly for function then looks. Or I might just buy those cheap convex 2" mirrors you buy at CanadianTires and stick those in the corners of the stock mirrors. I think my elbows look fine but I don't need to see them constantly.

1.8tbora

Stealth FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought some R1 led mirror block-offs for 15.00 on Ebay and got rid of the gigantor factory ones. :BLAA:

bleedblue

Reaction score
Visit site
I Just got my lights in. Think they look real good from what it was same as the post above like 15 bucks off ebay and some extra wire and there is no gaps from were the mirrors were. I bought the ones titled R1 Mirror blocker turn signals

Speedo007

Reaction score
Visit site
And now where are the mirrors? planning on putting bar end mirrors? Those stock ones as SO bad. I tried convex mirrors in the corners of the stock ones, but still not great.