Mirror Choices

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently did the VS-2 conversion and am not crazy about the mirrors that came with the kit. I was hoping for something with a little less height and a more streamlined look. I am also not a fan of bar end mirrors as they provide limited visibility and widen the front of the bike which I dont find aesthetically pleasing.

What different types of bar mount mirrors do you guys recommend? I have done some searching, and have seen some pics I like, but didnt find any threads on this particular topic.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have specific recommendations for you, but I just want to comment on your assessment:

It's true that the bar may become wider (though not in all cases.. there are mirrors that mount to bar ends and stick up and over your hands.. width does not change).
No one can tell you what to like looks-wise, so of course it's your choice, but I think it's important to point out that bar end mirrors actually offer BETTER visibility than many bar mounted mirrors and certainly better than stock setup with fairing.
If bar end mirror are properly adjusted, the whole mirror can be used, unlike fairing/handlebar mounted ones where part of the mirror will be blocked by your arms/shoulders.

If you're set on mounting mirrors to the inside of controls (same as what you have now, but different design), the shorter you go the less you'll see. More of the view will be obstructed by your arms.
For good visibility, mirrors have to stick either way up or way out (or both).

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info bro. Maybe I will reconsider bar end mirrors. You are right, though, I was really only thinking of the bar end mirrors that stick out to the sides of the bar ends and wasnt considering different bar end designs.

Do you have a particular set that you like and would recommend?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info bro. Maybe I will reconsider bar end mirrors. You are right, though, I was really only thinking of the bar end mirrors that stick out to the sides of the bar ends and wasnt considering different bar end designs.

Do you have a particular set that you like and would recommend?

The ones I used were the round kind that stuck out. Visibility was great, but the bars did feel wider.

Take a look in this thread. There's a link to excellent set of bar ends which allow for very clean mounting without losing the vibration absorbing weight, as well as cool mirror style used by original poster:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/37044-bar-end-mirror-question.html