Michigan

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just wondering if everyone is still interested in this. I haven't seen anything updated in a while and I know the weather is starting to get nicer.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still interested in a Michigan group ride. The Traverse City area has some awesome twisty roads, especially the Leelanau peninsula, towards Empire and Frankfort.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
I am still planning on trying to make this work. The weather is getting closer to where we have been wanting!!!
I can't wait to get the bike out and start cruising again. Now, does anyone have any ideas on a weekend that would work?

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
I am in Ann Arbor, and I actually see several FZ6s around town. If you are trying to do a ride, there are some great roads between here and Lansing.

Yea, M106 from Jackson to it's termination at M36 - lots of s's. Not the dragon tail, but a good one for Michigan, and, where else can you take a trip through Hell - literally.

LunchBox04V

That Subaru Guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. I am impressed with the number of Michigan riders. Lol I was probably one of those Ann Arbor riders that was spotted. Haha I live in both Ann Arbor and Traverse City. I am in... Once it warms up enough I can get it out of storage in Traverse. Lol

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I live on a dirt road so when the sun has come out and melted the snow I'm still looking at a mile of mud before I have pavement... :(

Once it's not so bad I'll brave the mud to ride the clear roads. I know I was up riding around by the beginning of April 2009. I wasn't able to ride last year.

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't wait to get out and ride. Viviifz6 knows I am in for this group ride as long as it does not fall on a drill weekend, which stuff always does. I am thinking one of these weekends end of april beginging of may might be a good time frame weather wise. What does eveyone else think.

LunchBox04V

That Subaru Guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks.... Just thought I would say that a couple of my friends from work, and myself, were thinking about doing a tour of Lake Michigan-ish(I believe we are going for an Iron-Ass tour, 1000 miles in 24 hours) We were going to start near Ann Arbor(we all live in the greater Detroit area) and head to Traverse City. Then just around the lake (counter-clockwise) till about Northern Indiana. Then back to Detroit. No time frame yet, but end of May early June. Needs to warm up a bit.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
@gpostarmy: I think trying for that time frame works for me. It is plenty of time to plan things out. I don't know what my drill schedule is yet, I think they are still trying to work out the details on it.

@LunchBox04V: Have you checked out the ATL? I haven't seen anything posted for this year yet. There is another thread (Mid-Michigan) where D-Mac was talking about it.

ATL Home Page.....ATL2010 released!......

It looks like fun to me.

elsanto

Reaction score
Visit site
Another Lansing-area FZ6 owner checking in. I am down for a ride up M-22 once the weather warms up to the 50s.

shocker35

Reaction score
Visit site
My brother and Iwould not mind joining on rides if thats ok. I ride a fz6r and he rides an fz6. im a brand new rider looking for people to ride with.

ScoobieDee

Reaction score
Visit site
New Lansing area FZ6 owner here, i'd be in for a group ride. It'd be nice if the sun would come out for more than 30 minutes lately though.

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i am now officially busy until mid may every weekend with track. So if It was going to happen for me, it would have to be about a month. Hopefully everyone has gotten out and rode a bit

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Army crap from the 13th of may to the 21st of may. So maybe we can do the M-22 ride the weekend of the27th, 28th and 29th? Oh, yeah by the way, bunch of nutters are going around downtown Grand Rapids saying that the world is going to end on May 21st. Well at least it starts then.