Michelin Pilot Road 2

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Was hoping to nurse my Powers for a while longer but got agressive trying to run with some liter bikes and torched them over the last couple of weekends. Only managed about 3200 on the powers (not the power 2ct)and the rear was showing threads and going down the last 20 miles home. Swung buy Cylce Gear and have a fresh new set of Road 2's. 250 miles on them and I am very pleased overall. A little pricey but based on reviews on first impressions they look like a good choice. I'll keep you posted.

MCFC21

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stock on my FZ6 are Dunlops , must be Europe thing ,anyone have an idea what I can out of these ?

May look at the Michelin Pilot for next change , Battlaxs seem to the tyre of choice over here though.

viser_08

Reaction score
Visit site
These tires are awesome! They're hook good on corners, and have great traction in streight line acceleration. These are much better than my previous dunlop tires. I'm going to love using these for my long commutes!

They're worth every penny!

WeWonItThreeTimes

Reaction score
Visit site
Stock on my FZ6 are Dunlops , must be Europe thing ,anyone have an idea what I can out of these ?

May look at the Michelin Pilot for next change , Battlaxs seem to the tyre of choice over here though.

Yeah, dunlops in europe, battlaxs in US. You should get bout 15,000km out of them. Just about to change mine, considering pilot road 2s or pirelli diablo. also read that set of pilot sport front + pilot road 2 rear works good. any opinion on that?

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually got Dunlops on my FZ from factory over here in US. Although I have been wondering about my bike because some little things seem like my bike was rushed to be made. Most noticeably from the dealer my front amber reflectors on the forks were not present, and I found out the other day that both my CO adjustments were "0" from factory...shouldn't they be different?

Last edited:

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from a Track Day at Eagles Canyon here in the Dallas area and thought I would share how the Road 2CT's did. Eagles canyon is quite technical with lots of elevation, off camber and double apex's. They worked great, cold in the morning but they warmed up nicely given the cold and remained predicatable. As the day progressed and my confidence grew I pushed them pretty hard!! They had great grip, very predicatable when they got a little loose with nice warning. I had no trouble passing folks in corners and they wore quite well. I commute daily on them, twistys on the weekend and now Track Day this tires are outstanding :rockon:.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Got 13,300 Miles, not kilometers on my stock Dundlops. And I almost have 13,000 miles on my Pilot Powers, I should get about 15,000 miles on these.

fxclm5

Reaction score
Visit site
Got 13,300 Miles, not kilometers on my stock Dundlops. And I almost have 13,000 miles on my Pilot Powers, I should get about 15,000 miles on these.

please provide pictures of this 13000 powers, i had them ran them at 36 psi front and rear and got less then 4k out of them

Ive ran pilot road 2's at Infineon raceway, they did great, slipped between turns 2 and 3, cuz of a running stream but everybody else did, unless you rode like a panzi. Ive also ran other sport touring tires at the track: Dunlop Roadsmart at Reno Fernley Raceway, pilot road 2's are better, more aggressive tire profile, the dunlop felt like ive ran outta tire, but the pr2 just wants more and more and more!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I got 34,600 km's out of my Bridgestone 020 rear and just switched to a Pilot Road 2ct ,am hoping for at least 15,000 k's out of it .

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
please provide pictures of this 13000 powers, i had them ran them at 36 psi front and rear and got less then 4k out of them

Ive ran pilot road 2's at Infineon raceway, they did great, slipped between turns 2 and 3, cuz of a running stream but everybody else did, unless you rode like a panzi. Ive also ran other sport touring tires at the track: Dunlop Roadsmart at Reno Fernley Raceway, pilot road 2's are better, more aggressive tire profile, the dunlop felt like ive ran outta tire, but the pr2 just wants more and more and more!

+1 13,000 on powers??? I managed about 3300 and they were torched, great tire but wear way to quick. The Roads are proving much more durable with an acceptable drop off in performance for my skill level! Great thought on the track, mine did seem to just want more with no surprises.

ClarkFZ6

Reaction score
www.sdmf.com
I've managed 8600 miles on stock Bridgestone 020s. Still going strong, although squaring off due to commuting. I'm hoping for 10000 miles on them - then it'll be Pilot Road 2 time! Pleased with the Bridgestone 020s though.

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
I just fitted my second Road 2CT on the rear. The first one lasted 13,000 miles. I can't say anything bad about them I love the tire. Rear set me back $216.99 and the front is on it's way at $180. I have the Power 2CT on the front right now and it only lasted 8,000 miles. Going with true pair this time.. Road 2CT is the way to gooooooooooooooooooooooooo :thumbup: