MI area bikers

shocker35

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I have had enough with the dealership I went to. It is Motor city powersports in west bloomfield,MI. I wish i never bought the bike from them. the buying experiece was just awful. I picked up the pick and it was dirty and was also on the showroom floor where they told me they had to stop people from playing with it since they decided it was a good idea to leave the key in the ignition. Also they never took care of sending my insurance info to the finance CU even though i offered to do it myself and they insisted they do it themselves. I went to drop off the insurance info and it took them 45 mins for them to find someone willing to take the info. I hope no one ever spends a dime in this place ever again. They are more of a hassle then they are worth. Please heed this warning or accept the hassle. Also when i was picking up the bike the salesman that was going over the bike with me saw some dude pull up in a band new porsche and all of a sudden walked away mid sentence to help the guy.

ScoobieDee

Reaction score
Visit site
I also had an aweful expirience with a couple of Michigan dealerships.

Great Lakes Powersports in Flint, MI and Nicholsons in Ann Arbor, MI. I was shopping around for the best price and found a '09 Black FZ6 at Nicholsons for $6300 OTD. They confirm with me multiple times the price, and tell me I stop by to sign the paperwork. I get there (after an hour drive) and they tell me there is a problem and they can no longer honor the price, i end up having to walk away empty handed.

It turns out Great Lakes is their sister store and they are the ones that actually had the bike. They were planning on having them deliver it to Nicholsons for the sale. Because i called Great Lakes when i was shopping around, Nicholsons apparently is not allowed to "undercut" their sister store (even though I was working with Nicholsons before Great Lakes).

They said i would have to go to Flint and buy the bike from them at $6500 if I wanted it. I fought it and eventually a few days later their sister store was finally willing to sell it for $6300, i still was not happy with that though, i wanted Nicholsons to sell me it for $6300 as Nicholsons was much closer, and it was still quite cold out at the time for that long of a ride.

I ended up buying a Blue one from C&C sports in Brighton for $6150, I experienced no bull**** dealing with them. I have now convinced myself I like the blue one just as much as the black one, i'm pretty sure blue is a little bit faster.

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
I also had an aweful expirience with a couple of Michigan dealerships.

Great Lakes Powersports in Flint, MI and Nicholsons in Ann Arbor, MI. I was shopping around for the best price and found a '09 Black FZ6 at Nicholsons for $6300 OTD. They confirm with me multiple times the price, and tell me I stop by to sign the paperwork. I get there (after an hour drive) and they tell me there is a problem and they can no longer honor the price, i end up having to walk away empty handed.

It turns out Great Lakes is their sister store and they are the ones that actually had the bike. They were planning on having them deliver it to Nicholsons for the sale. Because i called Great Lakes when i was shopping around, Nicholsons apparently is not allowed to "undercut" their sister store (even though I was working with Nicholsons before Great Lakes).

They said i would have to go to Flint and buy the bike from them at $6500 if I wanted it. I fought it and eventually a few days later their sister store was finally willing to sell it for $6300, i still was not happy with that though, i wanted Nicholsons to sell me it for $6300 as Nicholsons was much closer, and it was still quite cold out at the time for that long of a ride.

I ended up buying a Blue one from C&C sports in Brighton for $6150, I experienced no bull**** dealing with them. I have now convinced myself I like the blue one just as much as the black one, i'm pretty sure blue is a little bit faster.

I will add! I can't say anything real bad about Nicholsons but have never purchased from them either. I wouldn't spend my money at Great Lakes if it was the last dealer in Michigan! They are far to busy to answer a question on anything. I bought some riding equipment for my son there last fall and asked for help fitting a helmet on him properly....what a joke, I should have left the second the 19-20 year old girl with piercings everywhere made it apparent I was disturbing her with a few questions about their inventory. That place is a joke. I have walked laps in that store and not 1 person offered any help.
I have also been to C & C and was treated VERY good there. I ended up picking up my FZ1 elsewhere but they were getting my business if it would have fallen through. Another good dealer is in Mecosta, MI.(west of Mt. Pleasant), Lakeside Motor Sports. I bought a snowmobile from them this year and they went out of there way to make the sale.