may be buying 2006

Sprocket

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking of buying a 2006 FZ6. It has a short blacked out wind screen, is this stock? Also is there an after market windscreen more suited to touring. I'm 6ft.

Also what is the maint shedule for this bike? How hard is it to a valve adjustment?

Thinking of buying a 2006 FZ6. It has a short blacked out wind screen, is this stock? Also is there an after market windscreen more suited to touring. I'm 6ft.

Also what is the maint shedule for this bike? How hard is it to a valve adjustment?

i'm in a hurry so i'll answer your first two questions.

a short black screen isn't stock. i might be a stock screen that has been cut down and painted... but it didn't come that way. some cut it down to help with the turbulence. do a search on cutting down the screen for some good reading.

there are taller screens. i have the yamaha touring screen. it is the worst looking one IMHO, but it does a great job for me. there are others, but i have no experience with them. but if you do a search you'll find plenty of info.

HTH

Wind screen isn't stock

Maintenance schedule is about like a car, you can download an owners manual that has a specific one on here.

Back