Man doesn't notice missing leg???

damnpoor

Reaction score
Visit site
From 2007:

"A JAPANESE biker failed to notice his leg had been severed below the knee when he hit a safety barrier, and rode on for 2 km., leaving a friend to pick up the limb.

The 54-year-old office worker was out on his motorcycle with a group of friends in the city of Hamamatsu, west of Tokyo, yesterday, when he was unable to negotiate a curve in the road and bumped into the central barrier, the Mainichi Shimbun said.

He felt excruciating pain, but did not notice that his right leg was missing until he stopped at the next junction, the paper quoted local police as saying.

The man and his leg were taken to hospital, but the limb had been crushed in the collision, the paper said."

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
If you lose a limb fast enough, you won't know a difference. Your brain has special memory that remembers your arm or leg; it even says it's still there. You have to SEE that your limb is missing in order to realize what's wrong.

B

bluenova

Doesn't say which leg, but I think u'd notice when you try to change gear and nothing happens.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't say which leg, but I think u'd notice when you try to change gear and nothing happens.
From 2007:

He felt excruciating pain, but did not notice that his right leg was missing until he stopped at the next junction, the paper quoted local police as saying.

Yes it does .

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[COLOR=\"DarkGreen\"]If you lose a limb fast enough, you won't know a difference. Your brain has special memory that remembers your arm or leg; it even says it's still there. You have to SEE that your limb is missing in order to realize what's wrong. [/COLOR]

I've heard stories (unsubstantiated) of amputees complaining of an ache in the missing bit.