Maintenance

alopez03

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my 2007 fz6 about a year ago and was wondering if someone could please give me feedback on what maintenance work should I do on it. I got the bike with 5,000 miles and I have put 5,000 more miles during the year.I have changed oil and filter every 2,000 miles. I regularly clean and lube the chain. I changed the battery also because it died on me.I've cleaned the brakes with brake cleaner spray also.I also got two new tires after about 3 months of getting the bike. What other maintenance work should I do on the bike based on the time I've had the bike and the miles I have acccumulated?Thanks for the feedback.

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Before someone pounces on you and offers an unhelpful response of "Hey did you use the search button" I will offer up a PDF for owners manaual. It has a section of periodic maintenance.

PDF owners manual

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Often overlooked items:

1. Brake fluid should be replaced every 2 years at least. A lot of people with a 2007 model year motorcycle have NEVER changed it!

2. Coolant should be changed at least every 2 years.

3. Throttle and clutch cables should be lubricated when they feel like they need it or every 6 months. I use motor oil (per the manual) and a syringe to get it down the cable sheaths. It makes a huge difference in shifting smoothness.

4. Take off the cover and clean the front sprocket. They can get really gummed up with gunk.