Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How'd you make it?

Looks great. I have an internal shaded visor on my Scorpion EXO 1000 and that mirrored finish would look better.

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
i took the old one out then taped the mirror visor where i needed to mark it. and then taped the old one to the mirror one. then just traced it out on the taped mirror visor. i used my dremel tool with a cutting disk on it to cut the long parts. then i had a different tool for it as well and used it like a router to cut around the parts that clip on the inside of the visor. then i used a sanding disk and went around it to smooth it out some more. finally i used a buffing disk to make the edges look better and smoother. it's not the straightest but looks good for me. i think i will do another one one of these days and take my time a little more. i hope you ave some luck if you try it.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good work. For those of you who don't want to go through that there is:
http://www.afxhelmets.com/parts/fastshields.php
fs-silver.gif
fs-blue.gif

Wombat1940

Have bike, will travel
Reaction score
drop.io
i finally made a darker visor for my helmet. what do you think

Only see one small problem. If going into a dark space (trees , tunnel, etc) then it is a triple action to lift shade visor. ie. outer visor up, shade visor up, outer visor down. With some Nolan helmets the shade visor is mounted externally so it a single action flip up.

How does your system go with fogging up?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
My old HJC helmet had a built in flip up shade. I loved that thing, it was quick and easy to retract it and lower it while riding.

Those AFX ones might be what I need.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I also like this. I wonder if it will work for other brand helmets?

From the website...

Overview

AFX Fast Shields allow riders to easily and quickly add a removable tinted shield to their existing fullface, off-road or open-face helmet. Fast Shields are highly portable, scratch-resistant, protect against UV rays, and feature a universal design that should work with just about any helmet, even those not produced by AFX!

Might be a cool thing to try out. Only thing is I don't think they raise and lower by looking at the diagram on the site.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
Only see one small problem. If going into a dark space (trees , tunnel, etc) then it is a triple action to lift shade visor. ie. outer visor up, shade visor up, outer visor down. With some Nolan helmets the shade visor is mounted externally so it a single action flip up.

How does your system go with fogging up?

i have not had an issues with fogging up. in the second pic you kinda see the external slide for the internal visor. so no real issues with tunnels or anything. it works pretty good. the internal shade slides up into the helmet so i don't have to raise or lower the outer shield unless i want to.