Luggage

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
In need of some luggage equipment.

Mate has a ventura rack that could use a proper bag. Any ideas where in SA might stock them?

Also as most of you know I have a Bagster Tank cover. Would like a bag for it also as I don't want a ventura rack on the back of my bike. Again ideas on a SA supplier would be great.

Once I have recovered I am off down the great ocean road for a few days and I would prefer SA suppliers as I don't want to wait for Aust Post to ship it.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In need of some luggage equipment.

Mate has a ventura rack that could use a proper bag. Any ideas where in SA might stock them?

Also as most of you know I have a Bagster Tank cover. Would like a bag for it also as I don't want a ventura rack on the back of my bike. Again ideas on a SA supplier would be great.

Once I have recovered I am off down the great ocean road for a few days and I would prefer SA suppliers as I don't want to wait for Aust Post to ship it.

Peter Stevens stock all the Ventura Bags...Maxi Moto have other bags that will fit a ventura rack...

Bagster is available direct from Full On Moto....which are just off Daws road, down Oaklands park way...they are in the phone book...can order direct from them, cut out nazi shop middle man!

If you dont want a Ventura rack...which is understandble..as i think they spoil the look of the bike, especially the naked, then go a genuine Yamaha top case rack, and top case....removable in 5 minutes, and when it's on, gives you 44litres of lockable, water-proof storage...

:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolfman where did you get your Yamaha box/mount plate from?
I've been unable to find anyone online selling them, and all the dealers are asking for a inflated price from what the Yamaha website has as a RRP, with a long wait time.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolfman where did you get your Yamaha box/mount plate from?
I've been unable to find anyone online selling them, and all the dealers are asking for a inflated price from what the Yamaha website has as a RRP, with a long wait time.

They are only available through Yamaha Dealers i reckon....and yes, they are expensive, but they are very well made....and are worth the money spent...i had a ventura rack and bag previous to the top case and rack...and it was crap...and if i remember correctly, the top case and rack, ended up being cheaper than the full ventura set up.

:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea the end price is comparable to most other seemingly cheaper setups, just annoyed my dealer quoted the top box price exactly from the Yamaha website, but the mounting plate for 80$ more than the Yamaha site shows.

JayJay

Reaction score
Was feeling unloved there for a bit...

Thanks for the awesome suggestions wolf. As always your a pillar of this community!

This late in the game I will probably wear most on my back but will be better prepared for October!

Thats pretty much what this voyage is..a pre- motogp run. To know whats in store and what could make the trip easier.

Just so happens that its a mates birthday on monday (lives in Colac) so we plan to surprise him at the same time and then make the journey back up the GOR.

Anyone willing to join is welcome. We leave 3:30 am Sunday from my house in Mount Barker.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was feeling unloved there for a bit...

Thanks for the awesome suggestions wolf. As always your a pillar of this community!

This late in the game I will probably wear most on my back but will be better prepared for October!

Thats pretty much what this voyage is..a pre- motogp run. To know whats in store and what could make the trip easier.

Just so happens that its a mates birthday on monday (lives in Colac) so we plan to surprise him at the same time and then make the journey back up the GOR.

Anyone willing to join is welcome. We leave 3:30 am Sunday from my house in Mount Barker.

I am very tempted....was thinking of pi$$ing off this Sunday for a day or so anyway...just depends on suitable tyres, My rear Conti is screwed, and i wanted to put the almost new Dunlop Qualifier RR's i have, on the black bike...but that ride would square them off hardcore...hmmmm, maybe a Conti Road attack at the rear....

hmmmmm.....

thinking...

:D

JayJay

Reaction score
Spook is coming on this trip. L plater on a 250.
Somewhere between here and windchester he will "loose" the plate. (sorry ****stable the rear tyre must be hungry).

He is capable of keeping up at the speed limit on the straights at least rofl.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jay Jay...if you are leaving on Sunday Afternoon.....do you plan to ride at night?, or are you going to stop off somewhere on sundaty night, then get up monday, and ride the rest of the way???

JayJay

Reaction score
Plan to leave early Sunday morning before dawn around 3:30 am. So we can prevent riding into the sun and start making our way south as the sun comes up.

Plan to crash at Trevors place (Colac) in a Tent in the backyard. Will be taking a 4 man tent so you will need a sleeping bag.

Trevor's Birthday is on the Monday so there will be drinking.... Leave Tuesday morning and head down to Lorne. Then about face and head up the GOR.

If all goes to plan I am guesstimating a 3-4 day trip depending if we need to stop on the way back from Lorne.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plan to leave early Sunday morning before dawn around 3:30 am. So we can prevent riding into the sun and start making our way south as the sun comes up.

Plan to crash at Trevors place (Colac) in a Tent in the backyard. Will be taking a 4 man tent so you will need a sleeping bag.

Trevor's Birthday is on the Monday so there will be drinking.... Leave Tuesday morning and head down to Lorne. Then about face and head up the GOR.

If all goes to plan I am guesstimating a 3-4 day trip depending if we need to stop on the way back from Lorne.

Rightio, i am screwed...i thought you meant 3.30 on Sunday afternoon....i will still be at work at 3.30am on Sunday morning! bugger!

:(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plans are negotiable. I just dont want to ride the whole time in this heat.

What time you finish work +sleep time?

Dude...i cant go....just got confirmation that i have bth kids on the monday night, and i also now have a meeting on Monday afternoon, which i HAVE to go to!

:(