Luggage rack

Plymothian

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can link me to somewhere that does the rear luggage rack/arms? I'm in the UK and all I can find is the Givi rack and Monolock/Monokey plate, which is 98GBP. This then limits me to expensive Givi top boxes. Are there any cheaper alternatives? It doesn't have to be top quality, as I will only be using it for a week (and the occasional work commute which is only 4 miles).

Thanks,

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can link me to somewhere that does the rear luggage rack/arms? I'm in the UK and all I can find is the Givi rack and Monolock/Monokey plate, which is 98GBP. This then limits me to expensive Givi top boxes. Are there any cheaper alternatives? It doesn't have to be top quality, as I will only be using it for a week (and the occasional work commute which is only 4 miles).

Thanks,

Yamaha makes a rack that clamps around the rear part of the hand rails. I don't have the part # but I had to order it to the states from oversea's...

I made a plate out of 1/8" aluminum and bolted it atop the Yamaha rack... I can bungee just about anything atop it. The outside edges are about 1" beyond the Yamaha plate..

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same rack as Scott but I use it with a yamaha top box, but as I got it it new as part of a deal with the bike so I wasn't complaining :thumbup: but you could probably pick one up on ebay.

A colleague of mine made his own rack for his scooter and screwed a cheap large plastic tool box to it, it also has several removeable dividers which he uses when taking smaller stuff :thumbup:.

Last edited:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't need to carry a pillion at the same time I'd go for some soft luggage and strap it to the rear seat personally.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't need to carry a pillion at the same time I'd go for some soft luggage and strap it to the rear seat personally.

That's what I do. Got a good deal on some [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Raptor-Straps-36-Package-2/dp/B008C83NDS"]Raptor Straps[/ame] ($5) and I use em' to cinch down my (not intentional) Blackhawk Raptor Pack. I've never had one pop loose and they take the weather pretty well. They've been outside in the sun for two years - no issues yet. If you don't need the back seat - save some money and use an old backpack with bungees. I like the raptop straps because there's no metal parts. Easy on the paint.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This rack looks like the genuine Yamaha rack for the FZ6 Very cheap at the price I think they were well over £100 new

That IS a genuine Yamaha rack (same as mine).

Shows a little bit of fading but with a box on in it you won't see most of it.. Some plastic cleaner/wax, would bring it back too...

Mine was about $143 US $ back in 2011..(W/O shipping to the States)

Plymothian

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah thanks, just as I wrote this I saw a used on on Ebay, I won it at £69 so that's better than £98 for a new one. The difference saved should be enough for a used Givi top box.

Plymothian

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah thanks, just as I wrote this I saw a used on on Ebay, I won it at £69 so that's better than £98 for a new one. The difference saved should be enough for a used Givi top box.

I did think about soft luggage, namely a DryBag, but as I'll probably end up using it for work it's in my experience quicker to have a top box.

Thanks for the help anyway - I don't know why there aren't more aftermarket options other than the Givi arms and bracket? Maybe the FZ6 is not popular as a tourer/commuter, or maybe it's a copyright thing. That said, for things like mirrors and levers there are usually 100's of Chinese copies that are ok for occasional use.