Lowering my FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I would interested in lowering my '06 FZ6. I am inseam challenged (SHORT!) and could use 2 inches less seat height. Any suggestions would appreciated. I would just like to what options there to achieve this. THANKS

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
wild hair accessories has a metisse lowering kit that will drop it an inch and you could shave the seat down some to get another inch out of it....

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would interested in lowering my '06 FZ6. I am inseam challenged (SHORT!) and could use 2 inches less seat height. Any suggestions would appreciated. I would just like to what options there to achieve this. THANKS

Wild Hair Accessories sells a lowering kit. Here is their site:

Wild Hair Accessories for FZ6

They emailed me the following information on it:

"The kit mounts between shock and shock mount, it makes the rear shock longer, pushes the swingarm on one side down and the other side (rear tire) will be closer to the seat.
That is the easiest way to explain it.

Suspension will work without any problems, same as before
."

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I've also heard that the Yamaha comfort seat helps out shorter riders. Don't know that it's actually lower, but I think the shape of it makes it easier to flat foot the bike for people with shorter legs. This is all just hearsay of course, I've been trying to go the other way with my bike.