Lowering kit for 2007 FZ6?

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, if anyone gets information on this please let us know! I would rather buy a 1000cc bike when the FZ6 is paid off and hand it to my wife than buy her a Kawi 250 ninja!!

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
There seems to be enough interest to generate a group buy on Steve's lower seat from Germany. I have no connections to the Fatherland, but if anyone here does, could they contact the supplier and see if they'd be interested?
One inch...that's all I ask for ......just one inch. :D

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be interested in one of the lower seats as well if there was the possibility of a group buy. I did have an inch shaved off the foam of the stock seat, but it definately affects the comfort level.

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
BUMP for that group buy, I'd be game.

I did do a lot of digging trying to find both a German contact and a local translator

but ya Id be game, thanks

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Lowering kit for 2007 FZ6? - Germany???

same here...group buy, group buy, group buy...anybody live in Germany???

FZ6PABOY

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know what the Metisse kit includes? Any frame/bracket mods needed to install it? Any pics?

Thanks!

Dubbington

Reaction score
Visit site
How much is the seat shipped to California?

I know the lowering kit will be around $180 I think but I have yet to see a bike with it installed.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site

same here...group buy, group buy, group buy...anybody live in Germany???

Dani, didn't I see you post this yesterday?

"If I want speed, I can visit my sister in Germany and drive fast legally. So far, 155mph was the fastest in an S500. Nothing like being passed at 150mph by a yellow Ferrari F355...:cool:"

I don't want to put you on the spot, but I just found todays question funny?

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site

yeah, I've contacted my sister and asked her to talk to the Yamaha dealer. I haven't heard much yet and I don't want to push her. There is a chance she'll come visit at the end of August, so I may be able to get her to get me a seat. We'll see. I'd much rather just email a dealer and have give him my card info so that he could send it to me directly.

FattyLumpkin

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the Metisse Lowering Kit on my FZ6 last night. It was not an easy task. It does not make your rear shock longer, like someone said in a previous post. It makes it shorter. You don't get much for almost $200 bucks delivered. It's pretty much just a new end for you shock. You have to remove the bottom end of your rear shock and install the shorter end that is the "kit". It's not as easy as it sounds, but I guess it worked. It was much easier for me to back my FZ6 out of the garage today.

If anyone is interested, I can probably post some pictures. I took a few with my cell phone during the process.

I also installed the Kaoko Throttle Lock cruise control last night. I tried it out on the way to work. It works pretty good. The red adjuster ads a little flash to my red FZ6. That was an easy install. It took all of 5 minutes. I'm not sure that it was worth 100 bucks more than the univeral thumb lock, but it was a heck of a lot easier to install. I can post some pictures of that too, if there's any interest.

mojan

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the Metisse Lowering Kit on my FZ6 last night. It was not an easy task. It does not make your rear shock longer, like someone said in a previous post. It makes it shorter. You don't get much for almost $200 bucks delivered. It's pretty much just a new end for you shock. You have to remove the bottom end of your rear shock and install the shorter end that is the "kit". It's not as easy as it sounds, but I guess it worked. It was much easier for me to back my FZ6 out of the garage today.

If anyone is interested, I can probably post some pictures. I took a few with my cell phone during the process.

I also installed the Kaoko Throttle Lock cruise control last night. I tried it out on the way to work. It works pretty good. The red adjuster ads a little flash to my red FZ6. That was an easy install. It took all of 5 minutes. I'm not sure that it was worth 100 bucks more than the univeral thumb lock, but it was a heck of a lot easier to install. I can post some pictures of that too, if there's any interest.

Love to see pics of both!

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a 2008 FZ6 set up for my wife. She is 5'3" and stands flat footed on it. Visit Hyper Pro USA - World Class Suspension Technology they have lowering springs for the forks and rear shock. I installed the rear spring p/n: SP-YA06-SSB023 it lowers the bike 30mm (1 1/4") and only cost $119.95. It also improved the ride of the bike.

Spam much? All your posts have been the exact same thing in related threads.

whippy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi.
I am new here and I am gonna upgrade to an FZ6S. I wondered if there was ever an answer to the lowering question ? Which kits, if any, actually worked or was the seat mod the way to go ?

I don't see a link to the different seat above either, can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance
Whippy

DeepEmissions

SportBike No0b
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
i posted this on another forum and thought everyone may be intrested:

"
I just got an fz6 and I am 5'5" and have begun looking around for a lower seat. I thought about the cutting the foam trick but would like to leave that to a last resort.

After trying to find a place to buy the before mentioned (lowered seat) ZUB-FZ6SI-TZ-BA (that is available from Germany from what I understand) I was referred to a place called Corbin. Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Yamaha Motorcycles | 800-538-7035

From what I understand they offer a seat that is about an inch lower and is a little narrower. I am not sure if it cost more than the one from Germany.
But it seems easier to obtain and there are a lot of options as far as material and accessories.

They do indicate on the site that they offer some customization so I have emailed them asking for details on how low this seat is and how low it can (comfortably) go.

My other choice is the lowering kit which seems to not affect the bikes handling, this is much cheaper. For me I may require both but I am not sure.

I just thought Id share what I found and see if any one has comments. I think if I gained 1" from the seat and 1" from the suspension it would fit very close to perfect for me.

Thanks in advanced and ride safe.

Alan
"

AWESOME same height and love the idea, I would "thank" you but aparently I'm not allowed???