Lowering handlebars

SAFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2008 FZ6 and I love the bike. First sport-bike. Last owner was a little shorter than I, maybe 5'6 and had lowered the handlebars a good 3 inches. Placement doesn't bother me, but should I be concerned on the tightening of the bolts. And also what are the benefits at diff heights in case I want to experiment.
Thanks
SAFZ

dnsn

Reaction score
Visit site
hi safz, could you post few pics of the lowered handle bars of your bike ? i was looking to lower my handle bars for a better race position riding. would appreciate. thanks

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not the handlebar that's lowered. It's the fork legs that are moved up in the triple trees. This gives the bike much easier turn in at the expense of stability at speed.
You can easily slide the legs up and down.. see what feels best to you, in terms of handling.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hi safz, could you post few pics of the lowered handle bars of your bike ? i was looking to lower my handle bars for a better race position riding. would appreciate. thanks

Look into FZ1 handlebar. It's a great and cheap way to give FZ6 "drop" the bar position (it'll lower grips by about 2" and move the grips forward by about 1", since FZ1 bar has less bend and no rise at all).