Lots of Updates!!!

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
i know i havent been as active as usual over the last few months. but iv been focused on school and work and its cold and 650mi. from the FZ... blah blah...

anyway... i went home this past week for a career fair, and i got to put around 200mi. on the bike:cheer: but most importantly, i got some new skins put on: some shiny new PR3s! I had about 5000mi. on the stock dunlops and the rear was getting a little square, so what the heck. anyway, Yoko feels like a new steed. even with the new tire slickiness they feel fantastic. and now those first 200mi. are on them and i dont have to worry about that the next time i ride. i kinda want to ride them in the rain now....

I also got to do a side by side comparison of the FZ6 and the old man's new FZ1:( which means that now, well, you know.....:spank: so we did some rolls from 60mph on the freeway, here are the results:

The FZ1 remained in 6th gear for every run, with a "3-2-1, Twist-it" countdown. Gears listed will be for the FZ6, and i was on the FZ1 while my dad was riding my bike.

6th - FZ1 walked away with ease, i just rolled the throttle vs. dad whackin' it open

5th - ^^^ see above, just slightly less pronounced

4th - still getting away with ease but this time i whacked it open

3rd - FZ6 gets away, for about a second.

my dad does break ins by the manual, so i didnt take the FZ1 over 8k rpm. but it really wasnt necessary to see the results.

lastly, for those of you who remember, i had shoulder surgery over the summer to repair my (lack of a) labrum. Im back to about 99.9% now, which is as good as ill ever be, im able to work out normally and build strength like anybody else would, i just dont have the full range of motion in my left shoulder, which is fine. as a small guy i was very proud to see myself repping 135lbs on the bench press a week ago. the progress has been great, and i can't wait to really ride again.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome to hear your shoulder is nearly a 100% back!! :thumbup:

And yeah.. I remember the eye-opening power on the first few rides when I went to FZ1 after FZ6. Sometimes I miss having to work for it .. so easy on FZ1.. rarely need to shift.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wonderin where ya been. Good to see you back and to hear your shoulder is getting better! With the new meats your all ready for spring. :rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go easy on the shoulder. In '06 I had the labrum, impingment and arthritis repaired. 6 months after that my driver put the Humvee in the ditch in Iraq, and it was messed up all over again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Go easy on the shoulder. In '06 I had the labrum, impingment and arthritis repaired. 6 months after that my driver put the Humvee in the ditch in Iraq, and it was messed up all over again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

yeah im still a bit cautious with it. i dont tackle as hard in soccer on the left side as i used to, and the trainer at school just said to keep my elbows in the periphery when lifting of exercising. But i dont plan on having to contort myself on the bike anyway, i also hope to stay incident free with both the car and the bikes