Looking for Yamaha dealer in UK who would ship to Canada

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to get some accessories from Yamaha UK and looking for Yamaha dealer in UK who would ship to Canada. I found several and emailed them asking if they can do it but if you have some personal experience - please do share :)

Thank you

philz

Reaction score
Visit site
There's plenty of members in the UK so you could always get the stuff sent to one of us then arrange your own courier to collect it and ship to Canada.

I don't mind being the go between if you get stuck. I'm just off on hols till 9th July but the offer is there for when I get back if you need it.

(I'm assuming that you're just ordering accessories and not an engine or something!)

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
There's plenty of members in the UK so you could always get the stuff sent to one of us then arrange your own courier to collect it and ship to Canada.

I don't mind being the go between if you get stuck. I'm just off on hols till 9th July but the offer is there for when I get back if you need it.

(I'm assuming that you're just ordering accessories and not an engine or something!)

Thank you!
That's the problem - I don't know anyone in UK to collect it and ship to me.
Unless you guys have some courier service to which I can pay and they can collect and ship it?
I'll see if any of dealers I emailed will respond.

philz

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, a quick google shows that Fowlers in Bristol does Yamaha stuff. They're not too far from me so I could pop in when I'm back and pick up whatever you need if you get totally stuck.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, a quick google shows that Fowlers in Bristol does Yamaha stuff. They're not too far from me so I could pop in when I'm back and pick up whatever you need if you get totally stuck.

Awesome - thanks a bunch! I'll see if anything comes through and if not - I'll PM you.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
what kind of thing did you have in mind?

i guess you could save on import taxes too if the sender accidentally mislabelled it ;)

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha - I asked them if they can mark it as warranty replacement!
I was after OEM Yamaha lower fairings. Price here is just under $900 plus tax.
If I go to Oakville Yamaha (probably best local Yama dealer) - they can discount it 13-15% so I will save on tax and they will be around 900 OTD.
Now UK has special right now - black only lower fairing are 155 bp. Shipping came out on high side (around 94 for fedex air) so my total right now equals to about $400. I was thinking about going with powerbronze but I just can get to like the look.
My bike is fast blue color with blue rear fender and blue solo seat cover. I think it is a little bit too much blue and hope lower black fairing will get me nice black/blue combo look.
So even if I get hit with duty - I still would come out ahead of local price.

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Got them today - awesome black color with some sparkle, quality is top notch. Can't wait till Sun to install them.
For those who are interested - fairings plus shipping came out to $412 CAD plus got hit with duties ~$80 CAD. Still ~$460 cheaper then buying them local (including taxes)