Looking for FZ6 in Ohio

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,
New to the site, looking to become a "Legit" member by purchasing an FZ6. Figured this may be better than craigs. I've been rolling on a 2003 Suzuki VS800 Intruder for a few years & 20,000 miles, and I'm itching to make the FZ6 my next bike for sport-touring purposes. I love going to Mid-Ohio for a great time! :rockon:
Due to the going price range & value of the bike, I think I'm looking for a 2006, 2007. I wouldn't mind an older one, but I would want to know that the TPS problem was addressed and possibly the nut & washer on the front sprocket?? Travel bags/luggage would be great, but I can always add it later.
I need to sell my intruder 1st, but I'm working on it. I've already done some research on getting to & changing the battery, air filter, oil & filter, and even the clutch plates if I have to! :cheer: I'm so close I can taste it!
Anyway, I thought I would try to locate one for sale in the SW Ohio area through this sight since I know you guys are serious about your "6". It doesn't have to be in the SW area; if the deal is sweet enough, I may travel a reasonable distance.
Thanks Guys!!!

Dmitrius

Reaction score
Visit site
Jeff, check out my for sale ad in an adjacent post. It's 2006 FZ6 located in NJ. The bike comes with luggage and is set up for touring. Check it out.

dhauser22

Reaction score
Visit site
What part of Ohio are you near? I'm near Cleveland and I've been contemplating selling my bike for a while now. I have a 2006 FZ6

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't mean to abandon my own thread request, had to address some local issues. And, I'm not having much luck on selling the Intruder. Figure I jinxed myself by looking to buy before I actually had the dough in hand. Big dummy.

Dmitrius, thank you for the reply, but with no action on the Intruder, I'm stuck. NJ would be a heck of a ride out & back though!

dhauser22, Cleveland's even closer + I'm a Brown's fan! Wooo! Yeah, yeah, heard it before, but I'm still a fan! Again, I may have to put my FZ6 search on hold until I can sell the Intruder.

I shouldn't have jumped the gun, but you never know what's going to sell when.

Now, Jresch... You know, I saw the very same add on the 08 in Bellbrook. In fact, I almost went over to look at it, but I'm just teasing myself being in no position to purchase it. Besides, when I checked it's status on CR earlier this week, GONE! It'll happen soon enough, dangit!

Oh yeah Jresch, we're close, very close. I'm in BB myself! :thumbup:

BSFL89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey JeffD -

I am in Cincinnati, OH and have an 05 FZ-6 Silver that I thought about selling. Has about 8,500 miles. I built a Honda CB350 in high school (featured in June 07 edition of road racing world magazine) with my shop teach and have been a huge fan of Hondas and the Ducati Streetfighter.

Brendan

Brendan

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Brendan. Still have to sell the Intruder before I can do anything. :( I knew this would happen. Big Dummy started looking to purchase something with no money, duh! I know it will sell sooner or later, so I'm not giving up by any means, but I really shouldn't be looking until I'm ready to actually do something about it. It'll happen, it'll happen.
So I will add you to my list of potential options if the timing works out. Thanks for understanding everyone!

SmokeEater37

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out State8's inventory in Peninsula. Lots of bikes and constantly getting new ones. They will also give you a fair amount as trade in. Got my 2008 FZ6 there with 2000 miles for $4200. Traded in a 2006 Suzuki GS500 for $2000.
Side note: I'm heading to Mid-Ohio a bunch this summer, send me a msg if you want to ride