looking for another bike

mike1952

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently ride a DL650 Vstrom and would like to get a bike that is a bit more sporty. The FZ6 looks more sporty but is the ride going to be that different or should I go with more of a sport bike with the clip on bars? The standard bars and more upright position is more desirable as I am getting up there in years and it is easier on my back.

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say if you are getting it in addition to go for the sport bike, if it will be your only bike get the FZ.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
if you are looking for more comfort that weestrom , dont even bother...

i switched directly from a dl650 to the fz6 , there are already some comparisons on different threads on this forum but to sum up i could tell you that they are completely different bikes and they are both awesome on their own category....

you will have more power but less torque , 0-60 mph 5 secs vs 3 secs
top speed 110 mph vs 150 mph

comfort on long rides are not even comparable , DL650 is far ahead...sitting position is much more straight up ,,,less vibration on the DL...i should say no vibration probably....

FZ6 is much more fun on twisties and to accelerate....you can actually take it to track days and drag strips...really enjoy the day by competing with supersport 600 bikes...

so 2 completely different bikes ,,its all about what you are looking to do with your motorcycle...

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I would say if you are getting it in addition to go for the sport bike, if it will be your only bike get the FZ.

I would agree. The FZ6 is a good compromise between a DL650 and a full-on sportbike. If I had a Wee, I'd get something more on the sportier side of things as a 2nd bike. If I wanted a compromise bike and could only have one (which is the postion I'm in) - the FZ6 is perfect.

With a new windshield and risers, you can get the FZ6 to a riding position very similar to a V-strom. I find it's just as comfortable for me as the DL650 (although I've ridden an FZ6 a lot more).

I love the Wee, but I find the FZ6 more exciting to ride.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
As another old fart I can tell you the FZ is way better than a sportbike for comfort but will not be as plush as a Vee strom. However if you are looking some fun on a bike that handles good, great brakes and has some punch above 8k rpm the FZ does very well. I ride with some liter bikes and the only time they leave me in the dust is on long straights above 95mph.
Find a used one have some fun or sell it if it is not your cup of tea.