Looking for a pair of gauntlet gloves

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
I am looking for a some gauntlet gloves that are not too bulky but yet you can where them in 50-60 degree weather and be comfortable. Looking to spend around $75.00 but less is always good too. Just wondering if anybody out there had any suggestions.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use these when the temps are between high 40's and high 50's:

http://www.revzilla.com/product/joe-rocket-nitrogen-leather-gloves

Superbly comfortable (actually most comfortable gloves I own.. out of 5 pairs); not nearly as bulky as my heated gloves (though not nearly as thin as my Summer gloves). Gauntlet isn't very long, but enough to give me about a 3" overlap.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
IMO the best gauntlet gloves available are the Held Phantoms.

They quite a bit over your budget but since the Phantom II came out last year you can find some Phantom I online for as little as 50% of the original price.
Might be worth having a look!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

They quite a bit over your budget but since the Phantom II came out last year you can find some Phantom I online for as little as 50% of the original price.

That's a very good race glove, but he's looking for cold weather gloves.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
For 50/60 degree ranges, I just use an unlined Z1R glove. It's pretty comfortable at those temps. They have a little less gauntlet that the ones shown above but I wear base-layers with thumb-holed sleeves.

If it's below 48-50 deg, I add my fleece running gloves under the Z1R's and I'm good. Rode for three hours on the highway in the mid 40's the other day with no issues. I have a tendency not to notice things like pain and cold though, so your experience may vary.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site

woops, my bad!

This whole fahrenheit thing screwed me up...
You would indeed loose your fingers pretty fast with phantoms in this temperature range!

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

I use my Held Phantoms into the low 40's with heated grips. I'd rather wear extremely protective gloves and spend $50 on grip heaters than spend $75 for a pair of warmer gloves that won't protect me as well in a crash.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site

+1 Held Phantom are the best.:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use my Held Phantoms into the low 40's with heated grips. I'd rather wear extremely protective gloves and spend $50 on grip heaters than spend $75 for a pair of warmer gloves that won't protect me as well in a crash.

Heated grips = game changer! I too used Summer gloves with heated grips without issues.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For 50-60 degree weather, and even higher up to 120 degrees. There is only one glove in my opinion, and come from personal experience.

Motoport Kevlar Racing Glove. $169, yeah twice what you had budgeted for but it will be the last pair of gloves you will ever have to buy, unless you ride everyday like me. I worn mine out after five years. On my second pair. Ten times stronger that leather and you can throw them in the wash if they begin to get dirty or begin to smell.

Kevlar Racing Glove | Gloves | Motoport | 105.170

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Stinky gloves are a requirement. Especially when they take on that curl where they just lay on the table in the shape of your grip.

I must look into this heated grip thing. I didn't realize they actually worked that well. All my buddies call them a gimmick.

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Stinky gloves are a requirement. Especially when they take on that curl where they just lay on the table in the shape of your grip.

I must look into this heated grip thing. I didn't realize they actually worked that well. All my buddies call them a gimmick.

No way are they a gimmick! I bought thse and they are great! [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Symtec-Motorcycle-Handle-Warmer-210019RR/dp/B001AWRCJO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1382039493&sr=8-5&keywords=symtec+grip+heaters]Symtec Motorcycle Handle Warmer Kit with Round Rocker Switch 210019RR : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say my experience with gloves is different that a few people here. I have a pair of Held Phantoms (great gloves) but they are not very good below 50, even with heated grips. The perforations between the fingers draw in a fair amount of air which makes them suitable for warmer weather. They're very good gloves otherwise.

I also have Oxford heated grips, and they are nice, but they only let me go a few degrees cooler (maybe 5 degrees?) before wind blast takes over. My palms will stay warm, but the outside of my fingers still get cold and numb. If I'm going to be out for more than 10-15 minutes, I personally draw the line at 50 degrees and my current gear, even with heated grips.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For the below freezing temps and even at zero degrees, I depend on my heated gloves and mittens that covers my grips to keep my hands warm.

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use these when the temps are between high 40's and high 50's:

http://www.revzilla.com/product/joe-rocket-nitrogen-leather-gloves

Superbly comfortable (actually most comfortable gloves I own.. out of 5 pairs); not nearly as bulky as my heated gloves (though not nearly as thin as my Summer gloves). Gauntlet isn't very long, but enough to give me about a 3" overlap.

+1 this. They're in that price range, and they've been fine for me in the upper 40s through 60s. At that point, I'll switch to lighter gloves.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Don't Panic

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that you mention it, I used to have a pair of Seirus gloves in afghanistan that were pretty cool. They had a mylar liner sandwiched between fleece layers with long, drawstring gauntlets. They aren't precisely riding gloves but wind will NOT penetrate them. They were only $40 bucks at the time and survived an Afghani winter.

Seirus All Weather Glove / Tactical

Recluse420

Reaction score
Visit site
Going into my 5th winter in Seattle I uses these. Beat's anything posted on here. What's awesome is it has two sleeves for your hands, one that puts more insulate on the top of your hands for better wind protection and the other divides the insulate on top and bottom. I liked this better than my Tourmaster Elites.

http://www.revzilla.com/snow/klim-fusion-gloves

Last edited: