Looking for a comfy seat

Guit4rcher

Reaction score
Visit site
As you may be able to tell from my avatar (better photo HERE), I am a pretty thin guy. That said, I have a bony ass and after riding for 3 hours straight yesterday, I started to get quite uncomfortable and fidgety about halfway through.

Anyone have recommendations for a good seat?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you had to pick one disappointing feature about the FZ6, it would probably have to be the seat. The Top Saddlery Seat is the most comfortable aftermarket seat you can purchase, but it's from Europe and expensive. The good news is that there are a lot of these seats being sold on this forum. You just have to log on daily and keep an eye out for them. Corbin also builds a decent aftermarket seat. If you're a taller guy, you may want to lean towards the Top Saddlery seat.

Blue Fire

Feel the burn!
Reaction score
Visit site
From what I have heard Corbin seats are a little bit stiffer than Top Saddlery. But it has more surface area to relieve tension and soreness. I like the feel of my buddies corbin, which is why I went with them. I sat on a gel seat (which Top Saddlery offers) and my butt gets sore after a couple hours, and im only 5'10"-185#, if that helps.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
"Spencers", located here in Florida does EXCELLENT seat mods, trimming etc. Tell him what you want, consider it done.

I had mine done (takes ONE DAY) and you cannot tell it was ever apart. It literally takes longer to ship it than to get it modded..

He does need notice and return shipping (included in the box) so call first..

Page 1

Highly recommended...

Newell33

Reaction score
Visit site
I've owned both the Corbin and the Top Sellerie. I'm 5' 10" and about 170lbs. I loved the looks of the Corbin, as well as the option for the rear passenger backrest. Unfortunately, it was horribly uncomfortable after about 20 miles. The material is hard, and the slope of the passenger section was uncomfortable for my passenger (she always felt like she was sliding forward due to the angle). Maybe it would be better for someone heavier, but it sure wasn't comfortable for me.

I currently have a Top Sellerie on my bike, and couldn't be more happy. I can ride all day, I don't slip around, and my passenger loves her portion of the seat as well. It definitely made a night and day difference on my bike.

e30_325es

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Yamaha comfort seat and am 5 10, 180. After 450+mi days i start getting tired with it, but we do try to stop every 80-90mi to rest, which helps keep us relaxed and comfortable.