Looking for a 9mm...thoughts?

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey the video started at the Korean War memorial in DC. I've been there in that spot at night and that memorial is down right creepy.

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
Friends don't let friends shoot mouse guns. Get a mid-size .40 S&W like XD Sub, XD(M) 3.8", Ruger SR40c, Glock G27, Beretta PX4, Taurus 140BP, etc. If it fits your hand, your hip, and you can shoot it well, it will serve as the appropriate tool in case. I like the XD. Practice so you can do it in the dark, and I hope you never have to use it.

I'm an American, and I love my Freedom enough to carry a tool that enables me to preserve it until the cops can get there to help.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well considering I already have bought the cz 9mm.... But I also have a ruger super redhawk .44mag so anything is going to be a pea shooter compared to that but I was looking for a good range gun not one for ccw. When that time comes I will probably be looking into a sub compact kahr, Walther, or who knows

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
i see that you have already bought a new "weepon" but i was tooling around on the interwebs today and came across the new Walther PPQ and all i can say is that i want one, if it feels like every other Walther and shoots as well as EVERYBODY says it does i definitely want one.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Always liked the Walther but after putting a couple thousand rounds through the CZ I'm in more love with it than ever and eventually would like to get another CZ for a CCW. It's honestly the smoothest shooting, straightest shooting, most reliable pistol I've ever shot and am very pleased with its incredible build quality and lack of "slop" even after putting thousands of rounds through it. My next one will probably be either the CZ P-01 which my SP-01 is based off of or the P-07 duty. Really I think the only thing that I think would make me stray from CZ to Walther would be if I could find one for dirt cheep.

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
98bcb1f08524d7ae9f6c0ea25b14f4c3.jpg

I really like my .40. It was the same price as the 9mm so I went for it. Was originally just going to get a 9. I was going for ergonomics first. I think it fitting your hand properly would be the primary concern. Shoots like a dream and I'm pretty accurate with it.

I had a Taurus PT92 years ago and that was a nice gun. I thought about going with another one, but the PX4 Storm was a better fit and smaller which makes for an easier concealed carry.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In my C.O.D. game I use a CZ75 as a secondary and it is quite efecftive,as far as real world use though.... I don't have a clue.. :BLAA:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
98bcb1f08524d7ae9f6c0ea25b14f4c3.jpg

I really like my .40. It was the same price as the 9mm so I went for it. Was originally just going to get a 9. I was going for ergonomics first. I think it fitting your hand properly would be the primary concern. Shoots like a dream and I'm pretty accurate with it.

I had a Taurus PT92 years ago and that was a nice gun. I thought about going with another one, but the PX4 Storm was a better fit and smaller which makes for an easier concealed carry.

I believe that "fit in the hand" is one of the most important aspects of a handgun. it should feel good in your hands so you are more comfortable when shooting it. obviously, buying a reliable well made gun is just as important but if you're torn between 2-3 guns and the price comes down to ~$50~ its all about feel and preference (hammer/striker fire). also consider the price of rounds, 9mm < .40 < .45 < .375mag, but impact power is the exact opposite order. i still think 9mm is the best bang for the buck (No pun int.) and its the smoothest, most accurate round.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you trying to keep it concealed or you using for home defense or just another collection piece ?

im not really looking for anything anymore i was just mentioning that if i was going to get another handgun it would be one that i could use easier for concealed carry

Royaltool88

Reaction score
Visit site
I personally would go with a Glock. I love my G26 and wouldn't trade it for anything. My first handgun was a S&W sigma .40. I defiantly got :spank: on that one, heavy trigger pull was horrible. I find the G26 is perfect though. Iv'e got small hands so it fits perfect, especially with the pierce grip. Ammo is dirt cheap, not too heavy of a recoil, small and concealable and its reliable. Ive shot the XDM 9 and 40, and it was a real toss-up between the XDM 9 and G26, but the glock fit so much better and was cheaper. Iv'e heard bad storys about sig products. Pretty much anything that isn't a major handgun brand I wouldn't mess with. If your in the market for a 1911, you cant go wrong with a Springfield, and if you want to spend some $$$ look at Kimber, Colt, or Les Baer. Just save yourself the humiliation and stay away from a high point! IMO their garbage.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally would go with a Glock. I love my G26 and wouldn't trade it for anything. My first handgun was a S&W sigma .40. I defiantly got :spank: on that one, heavy trigger pull was horrible. I find the G26 is perfect though. Iv'e got small hands so it fits perfect, especially with the pierce grip. Ammo is dirt cheap, not too heavy of a recoil, small and concealable and its reliable. Ive shot the XDM 9 and 40, and it was a real toss-up between the XDM 9 and G26, but the glock fit so much better and was cheaper. Iv'e heard bad storys about sig products. Pretty much anything that isn't a major handgun brand I wouldn't mess with. If your in the market for a 1911, you cant go wrong with a Springfield, and if you want to spend some $$$ look at Kimber, Colt, or Les Baer. Just save yourself the humiliation and stay away from a high point! IMO their garbage.

I personally hate glock, even though they are really good guns. I've just always been that person who try's to burn the bandwagon down so I try to stray away from what the majority does or likes. And yes the sigma BLOWS!!!! That was my 1st seni handgun and will never own one again!

But now that I've discovered just how F'N! Awesome CZ is I don't know if I'll ever stray away to be honest. Their price is fairly cheep vs other "high quality" manufactures when alot of them are working off of CZ 75 platforms or patents. Not to mention that i have put at least 2500 rds through it and been in and out of the mud and holester quite a few times and still looks brand new! So needless to say I'm very pleased

Driftboat

Reaction score
Visit site
Back in the day I had a CZ-75, my wife still owns a CZ-83.

I don't remember which derivative of the 75 I had but it was prior to 1995.

Nice big grip with the staggered 15 shot clip. The 83 has a 13 shot clip, ambidextrous safety and clip release

cz75_11.jpg

cz83.jpg

Ditto just bought a CZ75, great guns if you can find them , havent have on hang up on me yet , but my Ruger I been having problems with her hanging up