Lights behaving badly

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
Today in the morning when I started my bike. Its started normally but when I checked the indicator lights and the back light they were not lighting up. The brake light was ok. So I decided to take a chance (thats why is called a chance) foolish some might say, on the bike.

After about 5-10 minutes riding the lights were working ok.

A point to note is that the overnight tempratures probably went into the minus zone.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I don't have a miracle answer for this one, just a general one.

Check all your electrical connections between the blinkers and the bike. This includes the bulbs in their sockets. You've just got a dodgy connection somewhere. Finding it, that's the part that's going to suck.

Fred

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
So, if the front indicators are lit but the signals don't work, look at the flasher unit. It's thermal controlled so it might be too cold or time to replace it, or not seated properly in its socket.

I guess I should have added that I was testing the signalling. Maybe the thermal control might be the reason. I will check again tomorrow coz it promises to have the same weather.

Thanks you all for the responses

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
possibly the flasher relay's has moisture inside which froze and prevented the switch from making a connection?

Thats my best guess. since it is the only moving part i can think of and i have never know electricity to get cold.

bledubd

FZ6 Naked Epiphany
Reaction score
Visit site
I did not have the problem today, so it must be one of the problem mentioned above. I will worry about it if it happens again.