Lexington KY ride June 7, 2008. Saturday

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Barring a wet Saturday, my brother and I will be leaving Louisville around 10 am heading to Lex, where we will meet up with a good old friend for some riding in the twisty outback roads in Lexington. We're gonna stop at a diner that is on the Kentucky river, and its a really popular bike stop. The portions are insanely large. So if you like to eat, this is your ride. Again, if its storm-raining, were gonna sit it out. The guy were meeting up with knows the area really good, as well as he co-ordinates runs and leads other riders via his website up there. You can trust a good route, and a safe ride. As long as write and defy dont ride with us /run away and hide!!!!!. hehe, just kidding guys, I couldnt resist the jab though. Send me a PM if you want to meet up with us. Currently its isolated Tstorms, with 30% chance to storm. and 90 degrees temp.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hunter. I'm definitely down for this if the weather holds out. Obviously, we'll know more about the weather as we get closer to Saturday.

I think the place by the river that you're talking about is called Waterfront. There's usually a group that heads out for a ride on Thursday nights from Lexington and ends up down there. I haven't gotten to ride with them yet, but I might this week. The weather is looking great on Thursday.

Just keep in touch leading up to Saturday. Feel free to PM me if you like and we'll figure out things later in the week.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
my buddy in Lexington says he has a few folks from work coming too, so its probably going to be a pretty good size group ride. If any are interested in this, we'll need to talk about hand signals and group etiquette, for any who may not do group rides.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hunter. Looks like I'm in for Saturday if the weather holds up. 93 degrees and a slight chance of pop-up thunderstorms. We should be fine.

I agree on the hand signals. It's always good to go over that before riding in a group with a bunch of people you've never ridden with before. I usually like to hang in the back of the group, anyway...I'm not a down and dirty, rip it up rider, although it sounds like your friend in Lexington has led rides before and knows what he's doing.

Any idea yet on the route he's thinking about? I'm really interested to find out.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to have to graciously decline.....

A buddy of mine is taking his medical boards tomorrow and we're going to rock out with our c............................we're going to celebrate the occasion in a completely responsible manner:Flash:.

Sorry. Next time?

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually we changed it to sunday. It looks like the rain chance an Tstorm chance is gonna be high on saturday. Will give more details as we get it all ironed out.

Khyren

Reaction score
Visit site
Which place you going to? Hall's, Riverfront, or Riptides? Those are all the ones that are on the river I know about. I'll check to see what we have planned for this weekend. Btw Corey, I finally saw you out on the FZ. You were going towards Lex on 64 last Saturday. I was in a Kia not on the bike though =(

Khyren

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Jason, you saw me? Sweet. Yeah, I was headed to a bike run down between Richmond and Berea, but they cancelled it because they thought it was going to rain! Turned out to be a beautiful day. My buddy, his wife (on her bike), his son (on his bike), and I rode down to Berea to eat and then on to Big Hill (where we got sprinkled on). Then we turned back north on 421 and came back to the church where the bike run was supposed to be. Got in TONS of riding.

Is your bike back in order yet? Or, at least good off enough to ride? If so, we should both try and make this on Sunday. However...

I said this to Hunter earlier in a PM, but I'm not sure I can make it on Sunday. I might already have plans. But if they fall through, I'm definitely in. I'll know more tomorrow.

BTW, Hunter...the National Weather Service website says it's only a 20% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Then again, I don't blame you for being cautious. If I were 70 miles from home, I'd want to make sure the weather was going to be perfect!

*edit* Jason, you weren't going towards Lexington on 64 when you saw me, were you? I ask because while I was between the Georgetown exit and Lexington, I could've sworn there was a car that came up on my left, slowed down, and rode along beside me for a second, watching me. When I glanced over, I even thought I saw a camera in the woman's hand in the passenger seat, like she'd just taken a picture of me while I was riding. That wasn't you, was it???

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

BTW, Hunter...the National Weather Service website says it's only a 20% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Then again, I don't blame you for being cautious. If I were 70 miles from home, I'd want to make sure the weather was going to be perfect!

Hmmmm, take a look, it should be pretty hot and dry. The link is from NOAA on the Lexington area. Have a great time and lets see some pics folks.

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 38.03N and Longitude -84.49W (Elev. 997 ft)

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, well, that's cool. I'm just waiting to see this random picture of me riding on the interstate pop up at any moment! It was a really weird, but kinda cool, feeling!

It feels kinda cool that you saw an FZ6 on the interstate, going the opposite direction, yet knew it was me. I guess I've accomplished my goal of having a unique FZ, at least around these parts! It's the topcase, isn't it? LOL...that, and the fat guy in leather riding it! You can't mistake a fat guy...aw, hell...I'm having a Chris Farley moment...

"Fat guy in a little coat...fat guy in a little coat...RIIIIPPPPP..." LMAO!!!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jason. I just popped off a PM to Hunter to see if the ride is still on. I told him to post something up here.

So I take it your bike is doing pretty well? Have you gotten any of the painting done yet? How about the plastics? I'm really intrigued to see what it's gonna look like!

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
GPS Motorcycle Rides | road - Eastern Bardstown Loop | SundayMorningRides.com
As of today, this is the route we are going to take on Sunday, june 8th. My brother and I will leave Louisville around 9:30 am, and will stop in Frankfort if there are going to be any going on this ride. Those who want to go, PM me and I"ll give you my cell number, and I can touch base with you guys, and where were gonna meet. Should be a perfect day for it. =)

Looks like a lot of twisties.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at map in frankfort, highway 127 i think is the first exit going east into frankfort. Is there a good place to meet up with you 2 or is highway 60 a better bet? I dont know frankfort very well.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Small change for sunday. The guy were meeting in Lex has other folks joining for the ride and they want to meet up a bit earlier.
from: frankfort kentucky to: Polo Club Blvd @38.025029, -84.406056 - Google Maps
If we can just meet up at point B on the map there, at 10:am it would be great. There is a chevron gas station right there. Lets all meet up there and we'll meet and greet, then go from there.

Last edited:

Khyren

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, they aren't bringing the Nekkid riders with them are they? Because that is right over there by Shannon's hosue and we meet there often.

Khyren