LeoVince SBK Evo II exhaust : DB killer won't fit ??

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I had a pair of LeoVince SBK Evo II cans installed last week, and they are amazing :eek: They turn the FZ6 into a bad boy, and I feel pretty tough riding her now :D (I'll post pics when my Puig is mounted too).

They came with DB-killers fitted. Of course I wanted to hear what they sounded like without the DB-killers, so I removed them. One came out easily, but the other one gave me a hard time.

About the Leo's : there's one larger and one smaller can. However : both DB-killers are the same size. This means that I had to use a hammer to get the DB-killer back into the smaller can.

That didn't seem right to me. So my question: is this normal? Shouldn't there be a smaller and larger DB-killer? What can I do to make the fit smoother and faster?

I'm planning to keep the DB-killers in there most of time, but I'll want to remove them once in a while to impress my friends ;) I'm not looking forward to abusing my bike like that every time... :(

B

bluenova

Hey Matt,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for those in Belgium?

Sorry I can't help with the db killers.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid 588 euro, that's not including the work they had to do to put them on. I bought them at the dealership where I also got my bike, so they gave me a nice discount.

Tip: go take a look at Bikerszone: Bikers zone moto tuning, Lehman trikes, Gerbing's heated clothing, that's not far from exit Aalst on E40 Brussels - Ghent. They give 25% discount on all Leo's, until the end of this month!!!! Price for a pair of Leo's for a FZ6 is 550 euro there now!!

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I had a pair of LeoVince SBK Evo II cans installed last week, and they are amazing :eek: They turn the FZ6 into a bad boy, and I feel pretty tough riding her now :D (I'll post pics when my Puig is mounted too).

They came with DB-killers fitted. Of course I wanted to hear what they sounded like without the DB-killers, so I removed them. One came out easily, but the other one gave me a hard time.

About the Leo's : there's one larger and one smaller can. However : both DB-killers are the same size. This means that I had to use a hammer to get the DB-killer back into the smaller can.

That didn't seem right to me. So my question: is this normal? Shouldn't there be a smaller and larger DB-killer? What can I do to make the fit smoother and faster?

I'm planning to keep the DB-killers in there most of time, but I'll want to remove them once in a while to impress my friends ;) I'm not looking forward to abusing my bike like that every time... :(

My DB Killers are both the same length also, this seems normal to me. They do look like they would be abit tougher to put back in then take out, they are pinched in place in 4 places inside the pipe so you do need to kinda "jam" it in there. But my DBKillers are stayin out :D

white&red

Reaction score
Visit site
I just took DB Killers from my Leo Vince Evo III cans and I changed the fuel map accordingly using the standard map file from their web site but apart from the increased noise there is no difference in riding. Should there be any?

white&red

Reaction score
Visit site
I just realised the map is for a 2005 bike and mine is a 2008 - anyone knows if there is any difference and if so, where I can find the proper file?