Leo Vince + FAZR6 Fender Eliminator - how to fit

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed my LV pipes quite a while ago, and found that I couldn't get my FAZR6 FE kit to fit with them.

I have it zip-tie rigged right now to the metal pieces that came with the LV kit, but I am looking for a solid, permanent solution.

I know others have supposedly done it, but the thread is quite old and the pictures are no longer there.

Anyone else successfully get these things mounted together?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed my LV pipes quite a while ago, and found that I couldn't get my FAZR6 FE kit to fit with them.

I have it zip-tie rigged right now to the metal pieces that came with the LV kit, but I am looking for a solid, permanent solution.

I know others have supposedly done it, but the thread is quite old and the pictures are no longer there.

Anyone else successfully get these things mounted together?
I have...and it's not on the easy side of the scale. Well, I did it while installing a Givi top case rack at the same time:eek: They will fit, you might have to bend and tweak a little. At what point are you at now? Can you post a pic?

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a pic of mine. Might be hard to tell what I've done.

Basically, I reversed the metal piece that drops down (from LV kit) and zip tied the FE to that.

THe LV kit had two other flat metal pieces that attach where there used to be an old stock v-shaped black metal bracket. That bracket no longer fits with the LV pipes. I've thought about trying to bend it to get it all to fit...

If you have a pic of how yours is rigged up, that would help me tremendously.

13+-+1

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I am not certain, but it looks like your LV cans are more oval shaped. Mine seem much more rounded (just bought them last year), and I wonder if that is making a difference.

I am not able to fit the v-shaped bracket under the cans, which is what yours is attaching to. :(

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine does not have the clamp between the 2 cans...not sure if that makes a difference. For the bracket that drops down between the pipes, what spacers did you use? With mounting the Givi rack too, I had to use washers instead of the supplied solid spacers.

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't remember anything about the spacers. I'll have to take a closer look.

I reversed that bracket so it faces inward, not toward the back of the bike. This allowed me to attach the FE to it via zipties.

How is your FE attached, other than on the sides to the v-shaped bracket? What keeps it from bouncing up and down?

Thanks for your time and help!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't remember anything about the spacers. I'll have to take a closer look.

I reversed that bracket so it faces inward, not toward the back of the bike. This allowed me to attach the FE to it via zipties.

How is your FE attached, other than on the sides to the v-shaped bracket? What keeps it from bouncing up and down?

Thanks for your time and help!
I know the bracket needs to face to the rear. If the cans are too close together, the bracket wont fit between them. I had to use washers instead of spacers where (your carbon clamps around the pipes) because it spaced it too narrow. Im talking about where the clamps that wrap around the cans meet at the top of the bracket that fits between the pipes.

bitchincamaro

Reaction score
Visit site
I know the bracket needs to face to the rear. If the cans are too close together, the bracket wont fit between them. I had to use washers instead of spacers where (your carbon clamps around the pipes) because it spaced it too narrow. Im talking about where the clamps that wrap around the cans meet at the top of the bracket that fits between the pipes.

I didn't have any trouble attaching the bracket that drops between the cans. I only reversed it so there would be something to vertically steady the FE. If I faced it out (like its supposed to be), it would be too far away from the FE to attach to. It's a janky rig job.

I think the main problem is that I was unable to use the stock V-shaped black metal piece that your FE is attached to. This must be due to differences in our LV pipes. They are definitely different. Mine are what seem to be a slightly more circular oval shape, which probably makes them hang lower than yours, and getting in the way of the v-shaped bracket.

I am probably going to attempt to bend that bracket so it fits under the LV cans.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't have any trouble attaching the bracket that drops between the cans. I only reversed it so there would be something to vertically steady the FE. If I faced it out (like its supposed to be), it would be too far away from the FE to attach to. It's a janky rig job.

I think the main problem is that I was unable to use the stock V-shaped black metal piece that your FE is attached to. This must be due to differences in our LV pipes. They are definitely different. Mine are what seem to be a slightly more circular oval shape, which probably makes them hang lower than yours, and getting in the way of the v-shaped bracket.

I am probably going to attempt to bend that bracket so it fits under the LV cans.
That was my thought...yours being a more current model of exhaust. Have you called LV to see what they say?

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I cheated and screwed 2 L brackets to the metal bracket under the cans, mounted my license plate to those, and got some led rear indicators mounted to the side of the lv bracket. I would not follow my lead, but it works if the previous owner did his own fender elimination with a dremel. :D. Pics can follow if you really want them.

eta:I have the oval cans motojoe has.

Last edited: