leo vince exhaust 04-06 / 07-10 help

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
ok theres an S2 slip on exhaust for sale problem is i have the s1(o4-06) ive searched the forum for info that it will fit onto the s1 but found little about it so heres a new thread! sorry if theres already one :rolleyes:

ive downloaded the pdf information from leo vince website for both 04-06 and 07-2010 models all i seen was a longer pipe in the difference between the 2 versions (circled in red in the 3rdpic) the s1 being shorter ,

however that red circled part isnt coming with the exhaust its just the cans and the connecting pipe so im puzzled as to whether this s2 made exhaust will fit , i dont see why not as every other slip on ive seen on this forum EXCEPT leo vince any info on this please as i havnt a clue ?

thanks in advance Myles

Last edited:

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
my mistake the circled pipe is included with the exhaust - will this fit ?

anyone ?

cut and weld the pipe or order a new pipe ?

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am the perfect person to answer this. Yes it will fit. The only part that will not fit is the cat delete pipe. I order my exhaust off of ebay used for a really good price. I didn't find out it was for a S2 bike till it showed up. I called the Leo Vince support number and they said the part numbers are different and they wouldn't say if it would work or not. Almost 2 years down the road I'm still happy. One thing to note is the down tube from the cans to the mid-pipe is closer to the plastic under seat storage than the stock pipe. I bought some header wrap and wrapped from the mid-pipe up close to the cans and no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the reply raptorman- im just going to keep the original cat pipe on the bike (thanks to the pm info from TownsendsFJR1300) to save any hassle or cutting/welding/modifying i assume thats what you also did , you reckon the pipes will burn/melt the plastic ? cheers for the heads up

Raptorman53

Reaction score
Visit site
I think they would melt the plastic. Even with the header wrap I had a hot smell from them. Or that could just could have been the wrap burning in. :confused:

bertrum

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey what if i bought a cat delete pipe seperate do you think i could put the s2 pipe on the s1. They sell a cat delete on a site for the s1?

bertrum

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey what if i bought a cat delete pipe seperate do you think i could put the s2 pipe on the s1. They sell a cat delete on a site for the s1? [U[/U]

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
if you keep the CAT delete pipe thats already on the bike you can still use the slip on exhaust on all years - but the cat delete pipe is different for the s1+s2 that leo vince make - i dont know if you can buy that pipe but you probably can buy it from LV i didnt look into it

EDIT - these dont fit the standard cat delete pipe!

Last edited:

aid-90

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you bought the slip on system?

I will be selling my exhaust system on my 04 fz6. i year old.
glorious sound out of it :thumbup:

bertrum

Reaction score
Visit site
did the pipe go on? i have an 07 kit for my 06 bike and want use the mid pipe i wonder if i can cut it? or just use as is.

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
update on this for future reference - the leo vince DONT slip onto the stock CAT pipe (s1) so you do need the whole system - to throw another spanner in the works the cat delete pipe i got for the S1 DIDNT fit my s1 so that pdf is bull**** , this is particularly annoying as i bought an S2 pipe system but ended up trading the cat delete pipe with an australian guy who had the the s1 pipes but needed the s2 but in the end its looking like my bike which is s1 took the s2 pipe that i originally had - i basically stripped the whole exhaust off before i figured this out wasnt easy either im pissed to say the least after such a waste of time and effort -

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
heres the bike S1 and the difference in the 2 pipes - im still so annoyed this didnt fit the s1 (tapered) pipe after all the research i did to get the right components - even more pissed it wont slip on , hopefully this helps others to learn from my mistake or perhaps this will add to the confusion :BLAA: