LED underglow lighting [tastefully] done

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
I am slowly taking things off Boneman's old site one by one... so credit to him for this (and other ideas). I always found it cheasy, but when done w/o crazy colors and w/o extreme overkill I think the LED lighting not only looks great, but also makes you much more visible at night.

I connected everything battery->relay/distro block(for any other electrical stuff)->LED rocker switch->distribution block for 8 LEDs (from superbrightleds.com). Straightforward, just took patience and time. The red dot on the tail is the switch, only applicable when key is in the ignition.

The bike is dark blue, you just can't tell here ;).

First person I was eager to show this to was my wife, after great feedback from her I'd love to share w/ the fz6 gang!

2011-09-24210249.jpg

2011-09-24210310.jpg

Its tough to get a good shot, you don't see the bright individual LEDs like here, its just overexposure from the camera...

2011-09-24210317.jpg

DavidG-757

Reaction score
Visit site
yea man that looks good. im debating doing similar with green on my 09 black fz. in virginia though it is illegal unless they came on the bike stock apparently. im with you though, its a visibility issue as long as you dont throw on strobes and everything.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Looks great! Might be doing this to my VFR as well. I liked white with silver and on dark winter mornings, it was nice to have that added visibility without looking too 'bling'.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
This type of lighting is legal in your states?????

..never said that...;) I looked at it this way (and as others have stated):

1. It was subtle and not overly "hey look at my crazy bright lights over here"
2. It was white. I think most LEO's would have less of an issue than if you chose say red or blue. Most laws are VERY clear about the use of those colours.
3. I could adjust it's brightness and never had it on strobe or flashing modes.
4. Didn't have it on all the time

Last edited:

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
nice spot for the switch. i have mine under the clutch side fairing under the seat going right into the under seat compartment. blue as well. nice choice:thumbup: