LED tail light dark smoke

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Not seen one like that before. I wonder if it is better/worse than the other options.

I would want to know more details about the LEDs/diffusers they are using. The normal LED taillights look like this:-
MNXX-5074LEDW-S.jpg

Mine is here.

The one you are looking at has half the number of LEDs as the other options people have. I imagine it would look like the other one of the site when your indicators are not on:-
MNXX-5074CLED-S.jpg

Question is, would it be visible to the cagers in the daylight??? I'd love to see a video of it in action! Keep us posted!

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I ordered it today. I hope to get it next week, so I can install them in the weekend.

It's a calculated guess, this taillight. There is very little information about it.
but from the looks of the picture they have installed a pretty decent diffuser plate. In combination with high brightness laser LED's, I hope it will be at least as visible as my standard bulb.
You have to admit it, the standard lightbulb gives ALOT of light. But I was growing tired of the ugly red housing that the bulb was put in and I wanted something less power consuming. So Tataah, here comes the LED tail light.

I will keep you posted on how it turns out. If I ever get it installed properly. I read that this is not as easy as it looks. "Plug & Pray"

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered it today. I hope to get it next week, so I can install them in the weekend.

It's a calculated guess, this taillight. There is very little information about it.
but from the looks of the picture they have installed a pretty decent diffuser plate. In combination with high brightness laser LED's, I hope it will be at least as visible as my standard bulb.
You have to admit it, the standard lightbulb gives ALOT of light. But I was growing tired of the ugly red housing that the bulb was put in and I wanted something less power consuming. So Tataah, here comes the LED tail light.

I will keep you posted on how it turns out. If I ever get it installed properly. I read that this is not as easy as it looks. "Plug & Pray"
It's not too bad if they provide all the bits you need. Mine was pretty complicated and I had to glue the housing to the light as they didn't provide that bit, it was very cheap though. The only hard bit with yours should be tapping into the indicator cables.

I'd like to know how much better the diffusers will make the LEDs work. I really think that they aren't made the most of in tail-lights! Pity we can't get hold of those huge LEDs they use in the SV650 tail-light! Now that would be awesomely bright! :)

Cheers

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
It's not too bad if they provide all the bits you need. Mine was pretty complicated and I had to glue the housing to the light as they didn't provide that bit, it was very cheap though. The only hard bit with yours should be tapping into the indicator cables.

I'd like to know how much better the diffusers will make the LEDs work. I really think that they aren't made the most of in tail-lights! Pity we can't get hold of those huge LEDs they use in the SV650 tail-light! Now that would be awesomely bright! :)

Cheers

According to the website, Everything should be present. including resistors for the indicators. I hope the housing and the light are one piece allready (they better be for that price :spank:)

The brighter the LED, the more expensive unfortunately. I have youtube'd some videos of the SV650 taillight, and I must say that they are extremely bright, maybe to bright for comfort of the cagers behind you. I don't want to blind some old lady. But on the otherhand, it would surely get the attention of cagers texting behind the wheel :rolleyes:

As for the indicators, I'm not sure yet if I will connect them. I like my "old" indicators. I was never found of the idea of a orange indicator 2cm next to a bright red stopping led. It looks a little bit dangerous. And it would save me alot of installing time ;)

But I'll see what I can do when I get them.
I'll keep you posted.

bye

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
According to the website, Everything should be present. including resistors for the indicators. I hope the housing and the light are one piece allready (they better be for that price :spank:)

The brighter the LED, the more expensive unfortunately. I have youtube'd some videos of the SV650 taillight, and I must say that they are extremely bright, maybe to bright for comfort of the cagers behind you. I don't want to blind some old lady. But on the otherhand, it would surely get the attention of cagers texting behind the wheel :rolleyes:

As for the indicators, I'm not sure yet if I will connect them. I like my "old" indicators. I was never found of the idea of a orange indicator 2cm next to a bright red stopping led. It looks a little bit dangerous. And it would save me alot of installing time ;)

But I'll see what I can do when I get them.
I'll keep you posted.

bye
I wouldn't use just the integrated indicators. Cagers won't notice them. There are reasons there are laws against them in some countries/states. You could just buy some smaller/LED indicators to go in the stock positions as well as the integrated ones. That's pretty much what I've done (except that mine are flushmounts mounted further forward). You would probably need to buy some indy spacers to mount them though.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I was thinking....

Maybe I will connect the indicators also, but in addition with the stock indicators.

I've found a video on youtube that does exact this (maybe a forum member?):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4atN93Lb504]YouTube - FZ6-taillight-LED-Turn-signal.avi[/ame]

But I have some questions about it.
I have installed a indicator relais special for LED's. But my stock indicators are bulbs and this has given me no problem so far.
If I connect the LED indicators (without the extra resistors) AND the bulb indicator to the relais, would it give problems?
I don't think that the LED's will draw alot of current from the relais, The bulb is a bigger load. But I don't know if the relais can handle LED's + bulb at the same time....
There is no info at all on the relais regards to wattage or amps.

Last edited:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Today, my tail light arrived!!!!

As quickely as possible I mounted it.
I must say, I am very very pleased by the light output from the LED's.

The normal light is a little bit brighter than the standard bulb, and the stopping light is an explosion of light. It could not get any better:cheer::cheer:

the red V-shaped neon is a novelty, but its a +1 for the design.

I also installed the integrated indicators, and they give no problem with the relais at all.

The tail light came fully prepped (The back cover was allready glued in to the housing)
so the installation was merely unscrewing and screwing.

Like I said, I am a happy man :thumbup:

Here some photos....

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I just got the same set... from China- £22 plus P&P bargain

Thanks for the photo's will hope to get mine fitted this week

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i just saw the thing installed. and it wow its pretty neat and very visible. i checked on the website but its in dutch and of course i do not understand dutch. could you post the exact link of your led because the ones i saw on their site are not like the one you got.

:thumbup:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
i just saw the thing installed. and it wow its pretty neat and very visible. i checked on the website but its in dutch and of course i do not understand dutch. could you post the exact link of your led because the ones i saw on their site are not like the one you got.

Yes, it's a company from the netherlands. Their website is dutch only:spank:
this is the page where I ordered mine: LED achterlicht inclusief knipperlichten - Smoke - Yamaha Fazer 600 - Bouwjaar: 2004 ~ 2009

I don't know if any other companies make this exact taillight.
If you want to order it from the dutch website click my link above and do this:

- click "bestellen" then it appears on the right of the screen underneath the shopping cart.
- click "winkelwagen" (with the choppingcart)
- click "afrekenen" (in the yellow colour)
Off course you have to register first. with a username and password.

- next you see the shipping cost. You also can add remarks at your order on that page. "opmerkingen bij uw bestelling"

- next is the payment method. It appears the only way is to pay in advance at their account number.

- click "doorgaan" to go thrue

the next page gives you a summary of the item you purchased, your delevery adress, payment methode, their account number,..

if everything is ok, you should click "Bevestigen" which means "confirm"
then the order is placed. The company keeps you informed what to do with e-mails.

i think -if my memory is correct- you should first get a confirmation email that says that the order is confirmed. and they ask you to transfer the money to their account. when they have received it, you get another email that the order is processed, en they include information on the delevery company (probabely TNT) with the tracking code you know when your package is underway and being delivered.

If there are any questions about the dutch or someone needs translation, just let me know.

Hope this was a bit helpfull