"leak" should i be worried?

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
noticed this recently - common or is it an issue ?

i cropped my ugly mug outta the photo :BLAA: look at the arrow - thanks in advance
Myles

jspansel

Reaction score
Visit site
Shouldnt be leaking anything. Is that oil? Or rust/water run off? Not even sure what that spot is right there.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Loose #1 spark plug?

+1 on the above. ^ but not neccessarily one particular plug, could be one, could four plugs. Someone didn't tighten one down fully I suspect.

That hole is a weep hole should water get into the spark plug wells. Water runs to the left side of the bike(due to the side stand) and out that hole as its designed to.

Looking at the color of it, it appears a loose plug, along with moisture, unbruned fuel, etc, is weeping out of the hole... I would definitly address it, you don't want a spark plug hole getting wallowed out should one be loose...

Time to loosen some bolts, get to the plugs and either just tighten, or replace them while your there... About 20 minutes with the correct tools..

Be very gentle with the spark plug caps, they tend to stick, the wire sometimes separates from the cap itself causing problems later... Dilectric grease helps with the re-assembly and later when pulling the caps, helps keep moisture out too...

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree. My first thought is gasses from a loose plug.
Make sure you remove the the plug connector and blow high pressure air in each plug well before removing the plugs, in case there is debris in the plug well. Then loosen and remove the old plugs. Could be an already damage thread so pay close attention to the plug that looks like the culprit.

Last edited:

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
its more a stain than an active leak - my bike was knocked over recently smashing up the front right side i dont know how long the bike was on its side as i was gone hours ill check the spark plugs later/tomorrow , thanks alot for the advice :wav:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It shouldn't leak anything, even knocked over (on either side) for even a long lenth of time, its stricyly a weep hole.. As long as you can get the specified torque on the loose plug, you should be good to go.

+1 on blowing the holes out with an air compressor (if available) as Cliff posted, (I missed it).

Please post your results/ hopefully fix.. :thumbup: