Latest bike purchase.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking for a track bike. So naturally I was looking at older R6, R1, 600rr, etc. everything was modified in some halfassed fashion and/or the bike looked better in pics than in person.

So a friend mentioned he was selling one of his bikes:

4572bcd9e2866aeb7c34387b0885c72c.jpg

It is a 2002 model with only 5200 miles. It came with Triumph soft bags as well. That and the price was too good to pass up. Plus, it will make a for a respectable track bike.

This space intentionally left blank.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Does the Sprint use the 3-cyl engine, I can't remember?

My '06 Sprint has a triple but it's 1050 cc.

I took it to a track day last year. It was great but I wished I had a lighter weight bike, but I'm just a lady... not a big strong man.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
My '06 Sprint has a triple but it's 1050 cc.

I took it to a track day last year. It was great but I wished I had a lighter weight bike, but I'm just a lady... not a big strong man.

Compared to a couple of BMW sport tourers that I previously owned, the Sprint hides its excess weight very well.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! That bike looks better than showroom new.The triple is a great configuration for torque and smoothness with a nice wide power band.:rockon:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! That bike looks better than showroom new.The triple is a great configuration for torque and smoothness with a nice wide power band.:rockon:

I love my triples so much that I have two. Sprint 1050 and Street Triple R 675.
I've beaten my hubby twice in a drag race with my Street Triple R. Both times he "missed a shift" that's why I won. BS!!!

First time, it was my Street Triple R against his 1986 VFR750 Interceptor (a race bike in it's day)
Second, against his Honda 919 Hornet.

I know, I know. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. I love the thrill of speed though. Haven't gotten any driving awards (yet).

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Compared to a couple of BMW sport tourers that I previously owned, the Sprint hides its excess weight very well.

I left all those R6s and Gizzers at the beginning of the straightaway. Dumped it into 2nd gear and pegged the throttle. Oh Joyous speed!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lovely bike, but i would be putting on a big diet before tracking it! They are not exactly a lightweight bike.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase, would love that in my garage! :)

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
Lovely bike, but i would be putting on a big diet before tracking it! They are not exactly a lightweight bike.

I was checking YouTube for some video on track day sprints. The weight does not seem to be a problem.

As for my personal diet, I only weigh 177#. :D