Laguna Seca MotoGP - SPOILERS - Results

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the horrible Aussie who I detest, rode brilliantly an thoroughly deserved that win after the manouvre on Lorenzo.

More importantly, my man finished 6th :steve:

Bad form from sideshow Bob. And the beautiful Mr Bostrom - fell off twice then gave up? WTF?

BTW, top marks to Lorenzo - he had to be helped off the bike - in a lot of pain after yesterdays off.

RED BULL U.S. GRAND PRIX
MotoGP Race Classification 2011

Mazda Raceway, Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time/Gap

1 25 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 158.0 43'52.145
2 20 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 157.7 +5.634
3 16 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 157.4 +9.467
4 13 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 156.8 +20.562
5 11 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 156.8 +20.885
6 10 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 156.2 +30.351
7 9 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 156.2 +31.031
8 8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 155.3 +45.502
9 7 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 155.0 +51.549
10 6 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 154.0 +1'08.850
11 5 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 154.0 +1'09.132
12 4 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 152.3 1 Lap
13 3 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 150.9 1 Lap
Not Classified
19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 155.5 19 Laps
23 Ben BOSTROM USA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 142.6 24 Laps
58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 155.6 26 Laps
35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 150.8 29 Laps

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you see Lorenzo's high side in qualifying? How he could even ride was amazing. Yep old rockhead rode a really good race.
Dang, I thought Ben would get 3rd.

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site
What a questionable start by Ben...that is what kept him off podium. The pace that Stoner and JoLo were setting was far too much for him to have caught up midrace.

Oh well, this just makes me chomp at the bit for watching more this year.

And probably watching the Mini-Aussie take home the trophy (congrats to Stoner fans in advance)

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
STONER , that is all thanks for coming :BLAA:

Seriously though , WhoreGay rode a brilliant race after the qualifing crash & lets not forget Dani , he is still riding out of his skin on this comeback from injury :thumbup:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You're right - live is THE BEST. The sounds, the smells (prefer 2 stroke smell though ;)).

Everything about it rocks. You can't fathom how fast they are going until you see it live.

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Casey rode with his head & gets a very good win. Its not very often that he rides through the field to win.

Must say I'm warming up to Pedrobot. Still find him to be a miserable boring **** when he speaks, but his riding late last year through to this year has lifted to a new level.

Hairbear, whats going on. Looking at replays of the first corner off the start, he almost cleaned up one of the Repsol bikes (think it was Casey) and Rossi.

Ben, SORT OUT YOUR STARTS :spank::spank::spank:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Casey rode with his head & gets a very good win. Its not very often that he rides through the field to win.

Must say I'm warming up to Pedrobot. Still find him to be a miserable boring **** when he speaks, but his riding late last year through to this year has lifted to a new level.

Hairbear, whats going on. Looking at replays of the first corner off the start, he almost cleaned up one of the Repsol bikes (think it was Casey) and Rossi.

Ben, SORT OUT YOUR STARTS :spank::spank::spank:

Every race now at the start & first couple of corners I'm looking for hairbear & his proximity to Casey:eek: & dont stop cringeing till he's diceing with someone else:Flash:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Every race now at the start & first couple of corners I'm looking for hairbear & his proximity to Casey:eek: & dont stop cringeing till he's diceing with someone else:Flash:

You & me both mate :thumbup: I go into a real panic when he is anywhere near Casey , luckily Casey is good enough to get out in front & leave him behind :rockon:

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Even though it was a nice race at the sharp end, it all felt a bit hollow for me. Only 13 riders completed the race and two of them were lapped :eek:
I seriously hope the new 1000ccm bikes + CRTs are going too help, but I'm doubtful :(

Anyway, it must have been a nice victory for Stoner, dominated when he got to the front and no tyre problems. Pedrosa and Lorenzo are two tough guys, the rest of us would probably still be home recovering :D

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reading AMCN last night, Whoregay had a sook :D & words to Casey about how he passed him.

He got a problem when someone blasts him round the outside with plenty of room, but him dive bombing people letting go of the brake lever is Ok.

Can't think of anything to say about him that isn't super nasty. I'm disliking Whoregay more & more as each race passes.

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Now you guys know I'm a massive #27 fan,but in Hip Hip's defence he said,"I told Casey this move was also very scarey for him but he thinks he was quite far from me.But Casey is a fair rider,so it is OK."

I think hip hip has a man crush on Casey:D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now you guys know I'm a massive #27 fan,but in Hip Hip's defence he said,"I told Casey this move was also very scarey for him but he thinks he was quite far from me.But Casey is a fair rider,so it is OK."

I think hip hip has a man crush on Casey:D

:rof: :rof: Its looking like it :thumbup: If anything every comes of the relationship :eyebrow:................................ I have first dibs on Adriana :BLAA: :rockon: :rockon: :blowkiss:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reading AMCN last night, Whoregay had a sook :D & words to Casey about how he passed him.

He got a problem when someone blasts him round the outside with plenty of room, but him dive bombing people letting go of the brake lever is Ok.

Can't think of anything to say about him that isn't super nasty. I'm disliking Whoregay more & more as each race passes.

Yeah I agree, he thinks he is the Max Biaggi of MotoGP.

When we watch the races in the pub there is the usual rivalry between the Rossi/Jorge/Honda fans (the Honda guys are too chicken to actually pick a rider to support :spank:) and even the JL supporters admit he is a bit irrational sometimes.

Marco knows how to handle him though :Flip:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: :rof: Its looking like it :thumbup: If anything every comes of the relationship :eyebrow:................................ I have first dibs on Adriana :BLAA: :rockon: :rockon: :blowkiss:
Really Dan?

Do you think your lovely wife Kel might have something to say about that?

:D