KTM 690 Duke coming to US... should we be excited??

D

Dave.TX

Small niche bike. Who wants a "thumper"? It's a dual sport motor, the supermotard riders might like it. The 690 is a bad-arse motor for off roaders.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All I heard so far is that its a cheaply produced in india bike. So KTM wanted an affordable street bike, and the quality isnt as good as the others. although the bigger superduke has issues as well, like battery clamps vibrating loose.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
i would very much like to ride it and see 1st hand just what its capable of. I know that my old ktm lc4 was a beast to ride, and it was a 89 model. That 1989 600cc version of the LC4 had about 1/2 the power of this bike and it never failed to put a smile on my face. That bike honestly spent more time on its rear wheel than it did on both! So add in the extra power plus a very light weight bike and i bet it will be a completly unexpected thirll ride.

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw it at the bike show a few weeks back, it looks very nice in person. :thumbup:

I rode a Super Duke at a demo at the same show several years prior, that was a fun bike. I wheelied it twice unintentionally! Good stuff!

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
i would very much like to ride it and see 1st hand just what its capable of. I know that my old ktm lc4 was a beast to ride, and it was a 89 model. That 1989 600cc version of the LC4 had about 1/2 the power of this bike and it never failed to put a smile on my face. That bike honestly spent more time on its rear wheel than it did on both! So add in the extra power plus a very light weight bike and i bet it will be a completly unexpected thirll ride.

I've got a 2010 690 R enduro and it puts a massive smile on my face too that eats rear wheels on Tarmac :rockon: