Krauser panniers on '06 FZ6N

n0ct0

Reaction score
Visit site
Just fitted these in preparation for a eurotrip. There was an assembly drawing but no instructions so the whole lot was dismantled and reassembled more times than I like to think about until I got it all right. Happy with the result so far and they don't affect the bike too much. I've got an Ohlins shock to go on as well however as the stock shock doesn't have a high enough spring rate or damping to cope with me, my girlfriend and the panniers.

First off.... welcome to the forums!
The bike is looking good (I wish we had that orange over here) Got any more pics? Any other mods to speak of? Good luck on the eurotrip....lucky dog you! :rockon:

ah, a fellow naked FZ owner in the York vicinity... welcome to the forums :)

Hope to see you riding around, im all black including jacket, boots and trousers. Ill be sure to put a friendly neighbourly nod your way.

X

York, just down the road!, love the look of the panniers. What did that lot set you back if you don't mind me asking...

First, thanks for the warm welcome!

The bike used to have drag bars and a tail tidy on it, but the yamaha screen wouldn't fit with the different bars and the tail tidy didn't fit with the Krauser pannier brackets. Plus there was plenty of buzzing through the bars without the original bar end weights on.

The only other mods are a Scottoiler, smoked LED tail light and smoked indicator lenses.

The full pannier kit was 550 from JTS, see below.

Krauser Luggage - JTS Motorcycles

I went for a K4 topbox rather than a K5 though as I felt it would be too big.

I'll keep an eye out for another FZ6 in the area. I've only seen two FZ6Ns, one in Thirsk and one on the A64 going up Golden Hill.

You'd never think it was the best selling bike in Europe!

More pics later, much later as I'm at work offshore in the North Sea for the next 3 weeks!

:D

That orange looks wicked man. Welcome to the forum, glad your here.

What kit did you use to attach the side/top cases? And how have they been working out for you since you put them on last summer??

As requested, details of what the pannier frames look like on the bike.

I think that the removeable 'click-lock' frames are available for the S2.

I also didn't know that they also come in black when I ordered them, or I would have gone for that instead of the silver ones. Don't look too bad in silver anyway.

Hi N0ct0,

Thanks for your post! I am choosing hard bags for my Fazer right now! I am swinging between the Krauser and Givi. While Givi seems to be much more popular and everyone seem to have only good things to say about them, Krausers look like nice pieces of solid German engineering. What exactly lead you to buy Krausers? Would you still recommend them?

Many thanks!

They are a lot better put together than the Givi ones and look a lot better. I've only just sold them on. I kept them after I sold my FZ6 and it's only now I've got a cruiser that I'm selling them as they won't fit. I would still recommend the Krausers.

Back