Keyless "entry"

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was thinking the other day, how some cagers have keyless entry to their cars, and just approach the car, the door automatically unlocks and all they have to do is get in and press a button to start and go.

Wouldn't it be great to just hop on ur bike and press a button and off you go!? Anyone heard of this kind of technology for motorbikes?

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heres one you might enjoy: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-Bxifv2Pk]YouTube - BMW F800S Garage Door Opener www.vet.co.uk[/ame]

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
Was thinking the other day, how some cagers have keyless entry to their cars, and just approach the car, the door automatically unlocks and all they have to do is get in and press a button to start and go.

Wouldn't it be great to just hop on ur bike and press a button and off you go!? Anyone heard of this kind of technology for motorbikes?

yes it would be great but how would u go about the steering lock...?

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Anything is possible. There are tranponder type alarm systems in the aftermarket. Then it would just be a matter of having the know-how to wire it up.

fazer_warrior

Reaction score
Visit site
I am just having an alarm like that installed on my FZ6. The work is not still finished, but I will keep you posted on the final result and impressions. ;)

uuups: just to correct myself, it is not a transponder type alarm! it is a normal alarm with a remote start function :)

Last edited:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kawasaki 1400GTR has something similar. There is a "key" type knob in the conventional place, which only becomes active when you are close to the bike with the remote.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A guy i work with has an 09 model Harley Fat Bob and it has a tag thingy that he has to have within 2 metres of the bike to start , it has no key and is reliant on that tag which is fine till you lose it and a replacement is $576 :eek: yes he knows the price :D Silly biker ran over it :rof:... That'll teach him to ride a $38000 badge :thumbup:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

We have installed this on a Victory Jackpot. Works as it says it does.

Digital Guard Dog: DGD-KIM - Keyless Ignition & Security System for Motorcycles