Key on, killswitch run, gas sloshing sound?

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
Low fuel? mid level? or full tank...? im thinking that the fuel pump could pull enough to cause some sloshing if the tank was on the low side... and may be why you didnt notice it before at different fuel levels...? just a thought... i have heard what you are describing but only at low fuel level and not all the time and never thought twice about it... the bike never performed any different...

lunchboxer

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe a leak in fuel pump, does the fuel pump whine stay on constant.

The whine does the usual.

Low fuel? mid level? or full tank...? im thinking that the fuel pump could pull enough to cause some sloshing if the tank was on the low side... and may be why you didnt notice it before at different fuel levels...? just a thought... i have heard what you are describing but only at low fuel level and not all the time and never thought twice about it... the bike never performed any different...

The fuel level is 2-3 bars. I'll get gas tomorrow and see what happens.

lrojasma

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

My FZ6 S2 is having this exactly same issue, but only when i have the full gas tank.

In fact it has it this issue even from new.

When the fuel is about the medium level or something like that, the fuel pump whines normally, but when you get the full tank gas, it slosh very weird and only after it has been quiet a while, like in the morning or something.

It slosh for about 2 seconds and then it normally whines, and continue to whines normally. But if you get the bike about 2 hours quiet or more it will do the same think, it slosh very anoyinng.

It could be a fuel pump problem?

I ask this because the bikes runs perfectly but i experience something weird one day.

When i was trying to drag some GSR600, the bikes tried to die on me on the start but it get going good after that, i have to note that i was on blinking gas (reserve gas), so i dont know if this could be the reason for this.

thank you.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

My FZ6 S2 is having this exactly same issue, but only when i have the full gas tank.

In fact it has it this issue even from new.

When the fuel is about the medium level or something like that, the fuel pump whines normally, but when you get the full tank gas, it slosh very weird and only after it has been quiet a while, like in the morning or something.

It slosh for about 2 seconds and then it normally whines, and continue to whines normally. But if you get the bike about 2 hours quiet or more it will do the same think, it slosh very anoyinng.

It could be a fuel pump problem?

I ask this because the bikes runs perfectly but i experience something weird one day.

When i was trying to drag some GSR600, the bikes tried to die on me on the start but it get going good after that, i have to note that i was on blinking gas (reserve gas), so i dont know if this could be the reason for this.

thank you.

The little bit of fuel you had in the tank probably sloshed to the back of the tank (as your accelerating) and the pickup screen had NO FUEL to pump...

The pump will run hotter as well on a super low tank as well as the fuel inside helps cool the pump....