Just thinking about doing my own Exhaust mod

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and gals I was just thinking because I am bored here at work at the moment. I have been looking at the Fizzer exhaust and I was thinking.... How hard do you think it would be to cut off the pipe right before it starts the upbend under the bike? How do ya'll think it would look and maybe what could I do with it from there? I got this idea from seeing all the GXSRs with the shorty side exhausts. Let me know!!:D

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Suppose you could, but the dual undertail exhausts are kinda what make an FZ6 an FZ6.

You may not even need to 'cut' any pipe as once you remove the CAT, I think that joint may be low enough to add on a GP pipe(s).

ry_1104

Marine Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Suppose you could, but the dual undertail exhausts are kinda what make an FZ6 an FZ6.

You may not even need to 'cut' any pipe as once you remove the CAT, I think that joint may be low enough to add on a GP pipe(s).

That may be true I would rather not have to cut pipe because if I do that means that I would have to even it out and smooth it with the grinder. And i understand about the duel exhaust but I just think it would look sick to have a shorty exhaust and a nice undertail kit on it just picture it.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Trade your FZ6 in for the 09 FZ6-R and you get the GPish exhaust.... ;)

09spbk_fz6r_w_a2_tw_094_2454e955.jpg

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What would you do with the room and body work under the tail that was for the exhaust?

You'd also probably have to remove the center stand to make any sort of room for it.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it sounds like a great idea. I wanted to do something like that, just run a straight pipe from the 1ST cat but exhaust shops here wouldn't do it. Just like you said, "have the exhaust come from the bottom of the bike and get some type of finished end.

Last edited: