Just secured a brand-new blue 2007 FZ6!!!

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I've finally pulled the trigger.

On Thursday and Friday, I mentally revisited my desire to purchase an FZ6 motorcycle. I discovered that Yamaha is offering 0% for 6 months. I decided that this, plus the desire to dump remaining 2007's as quickly as possible, would put me in the best possible position. So on Friday, I called a number of local area dealerships to ask about availability and pricing.

Of the 7 places I called, 4 had 2007s left, and 3 gave me prices. The first quoted me $6650 OTD, and he was a prick. The second quoted me $6450 OTD. Now, I know another SBN member who got $6250 from another dealership, so I called and got the same price! Seems as of about a week ago, that dealer had two 07s left... one red, one blue. The other fella snagged the red, I snagged the blue!

We'll both be going in this Saturday to pick up our respective bikes. I've suggested that we take side-by-side pics for fun.

And to answer the inevitable question, I'm already going to be doing a handful of mods to the bike. Last night, I placed orders for Motovation Frame & Axel sliders, the FAZR6 Fender Eliminator, SW-Motech risers, Throttlemeister Heavy, and Black Fluted cruise control. I'm looking at Pazzo levers and a second stock seat to cut up/lower, since I'm a tad paranoid of cutting my first stock seat and screwing it up. A windshield is also on the docket, but we'll see how much I really need it, after my first few rides.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone on these boards, for being an awesome resource. And I'm looking forward to becoming a more active contributor, now that I'll have my very own FZ6 to call my own!

:Sport:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I've finally pulled the trigger.

On Thursday and Friday, I mentally revisited my desire to purchase an FZ6 motorcycle. I discovered that Yamaha is offering 0% for 6 months. I decided that this, plus the desire to dump remaining 2007's as quickly as possible, would put me in the best possible position. So on Friday, I called a number of local area dealerships to ask about availability and pricing.

Of the 7 places I called, 4 had 2007s left, and 3 gave me prices. The first quoted me $6650 OTD, and he was a prick. The second quoted me $6450 OTD. Now, I know another SBN member who got $6250 from another dealership, so I called and got the same price! Seems as of about a week ago, that dealer had two 07s left... one red, one blue. The other fella snagged the red, I snagged the blue!

We'll both be going in this Saturday to pick up our respective bikes. I've suggested that we take side-by-side pics for fun.

And to answer the inevitable question, I'm already going to be doing a handful of mods to the bike. Last night, I placed orders for Motovation Frame & Axel sliders, the FAZR6 Fender Eliminator, SW-Motech risers, Throttlemeister Heavy, and Black Fluted cruise control. I'm looking at Pazzo levers and a second stock seat to cut up/lower, since I'm a tad paranoid of cutting my first stock seat and screwing it up. A windshield is also on the docket, but we'll see how much I really need it, after my first few rides.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone on these boards, for being an awesome resource. And I'm looking forward to becoming a more active contributor, now that I'll have my very own FZ6 to call my own!

:Sport:
I am very pleased for you mate, please post a picture and get the other guy to join the forum. Good luck and enjoy, those first 600 miles will fly by.

Neil

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
I am very pleased for you mate, please post a picture and get the other guy to join the forum. Good luck and enjoy, those first 600 miles will fly by.

Neil

Heh, I believe he's already here, but since I technically don't know him feel right speaking for him and what his plans are, I kept him anonymous. If he wants to announce himself, that's his choice.

In either case, yes, I'm going to see if we cannot take some side-by-side pics this weekend. Think it'll be fun!

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
dont know him? hes like a brother to you now!
congrats on the new ride!

Heh, I've just been PM'ing with him over on SBN... got his permission to at least identify him, so it's Gemini77 over there. Think he has a different alias here, but I'll let him chime in here if he wishes. :)