Just bought yamaha luggage..anyone used?

billnit

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought the yamaha top box and plate from ebay. Been on the look out for one of these for a while as think they look a lot tidier than the givi ones with rails etc.

In good condition and think i got for a good price also - item 160417710513

Anyone any experience with these? Understand they hold 2 helmets which is good. Looking forward to getting out and about with next week being a long bank holiday and the weather looking to improve!

:BLAA:

Last edited:
hi there,

in fact I bought a similar set a couple of weeks ago from ebay as well. you got a better deal than me as I paid £115 + postage. I'm going on a 1300 m and return trip next week and hopping the box will do it's job in addition to some soft luggage I will have strapped to the bike. The safety labels refer to a 120km/h max speed and 5kg max cargo on this box, but I have a feeling it can resist considerably more than than.

Good luck.

ps. yes, two full face helmets will fit

I have the Yamaha top box (came supplied on my 2007 FZ6Touring) and I'm very happy with it (you can see photo's in this thread).

Well it holds both my wife's helmet and my own at the same time. It also holds my helmet (with gloves in it), boots and bike trousers (although you have to be careful how you pack it).

If you're carrying smaller stuff put it in a bag/ ruksack that roughly fills the base then it won't shift about too much.

The only negative points I have found is that it causes your ride to be a bit more unstable in strong winds and you have to be careful not to get anything caught between the closing clasp on the inside (while closing), as it can be a PITA to get it opened again :eek:.

Have fun and enjoy :cheer:

Last edited:
Back