Just bought a new 2009,blue fz-6 and right..

westmask

Reaction score
Visit site
After I got it home [ while parked ] a small amount of fuel came out of what looks to be an overflow hose,just behind right footpeg.The fuel tank was about 3/4ths full.It was sitting in the sun for a few hours,though.The dealer said it was just "condensation".Ya,right. Is this something I should be concerned about ? Everything about the bike is perfect,otherwise.I absolutely love this bike,Why has it gotten so little "press" in all the Mag's ? Thanks ahead

westmask

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks fzme,knowing someone else had this occur...

Puts my mind at ease.I assume that since it's fuel-injected,that it must have a return line after the injectors that must de-pressurize after shutdown.I've just never seen it on friends F.I. bikes.Another Que. to you & others reading,After break-in,Are there any "wet-clutch" [ which I assume this motor has ], synthetic oils that'll be okay to use ? I've had a long sabbatical f/ riding & have a lot of catching up to do. Again,thank you , westmask

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Thanks fzme,knowing someone else had this occur...

Mine will drip a lot of fuel when it's sitting out in the sun. If you want it to stop, put a towel on the tank... it'll stop with in minutes.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sometimes I wonder if people buy an fz6 to join this site, not that you need one to join but it makes me wonder.

You will love the fz6, a great bike to mod and ride!

westmask

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks sixsix,great tip. 1 more Que.....

What's the BD43 headlight mod ? Is it something neccessary or an improvement ? Tk's , westmask

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, haven't 1,000 people already told you that you have a headlight out? That's the main reason why people do that mod. Synthetic oil? Sure, but you should look for the JASO approval--otherwise you risk clutch slippage (I hope that I just didn't start another #$^&^$$#$%%^&^!!! oil thread). Plenty of threads already on oil recommendations. Just use the "search" box in the top area of this forum's screen.

Welcome!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
:welcome:

Congrats on your FZ6 purchase! You will love it!

TONS of info on here and pretty much everything you can imagine. Search around and do some reading and you should be able to find pretty much everything you could ever want for the FZ6!

...oh and don't start an oil discussion. You wont like me when I'm angry.... :thumbup: What needs to be said about oil has already been said (several times...).

westmask

Reaction score
Visit site
To Tailgate & Boneman,I promise to Never bring up oil again !

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.Just one day [ with the bike & this site ] & I already get the vibes I did from my time in the Corp's,loyalty,brotherhood & some real sharp people.Thanks ,Tailgate, for pointing out the JASO spec. And Boneman,I went to your instructional headlight site,[ yes I understand you gave credit to others ],But it's awesome.While I have trouble walking & chewing gum at the same time I think even I can pull this off.Truly,this forum strikes me as one of the handier I've looked thru over the years.Now if you guys can keep the rain away for the next week so I can de-glaze that new rubber,I'd really be in awe. Thanks all, westmask