Jan 29 ride....Hwy 33 or ACH

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jan 29 ride.....

My brother Rob,Chad and I are planning a ride.
Any Socal riders wanna go for a ride?

I was thinking about hwy 33 or ACH.

Let's start building the ride roster!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like I can make it! Always wanted to check out that area and haven't had a chance and then to be able to do it with a buncha Hoons!?!?! :Flip:
Yeah I'm in!!!:BLAA::rockon:

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I should be able to go. Just a side note, ACH is suppose to fully open sometime in February. They just opened another 3 miles of it a couple days ago.

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with the valve adjustment. I did mine this past summer (6 exhaust valves were tight)...it wasn't bad except it took me a few days to get all the shims necessary.

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, sax. Turns out I had my service intervals confused so no need for valves yet, but I just found out my parents will be visiting that weekend so now I might not be able to make it. I'll keep my eye out for the ride details in case I can keep my morning/afternoon free.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like I can make it! Always wanted to check out that area and haven't had a chance and then to be able to do it with a buncha Hoons!?!?! :Flip:
Yeah I'm in!!!:BLAA::rockon:

Crap! I didn't check my calender and it's my brother's 60th birthday and they're having a bash for him. I can't not be there. I'm still trying to figure out if I can hook up, ride and then bail early back to Laguna Beach.....

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the ride route so far. not sure of the road conditions on HWY 33,so going to ride ACH and BIG PINES road.

Jan 29 ride - Google Maps

no better way than to kick off 2011 with a epic ride!

up you guys can make it...

Dave

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
By popular demand, the ride route has changed......

We will be doing a SD ride, Palomar - to Idyllwild - to Banner grade.

Hope some SOCAL Riders can join us..

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
I hit the 33 last week Dave and it was EPIC...72 degrees with snow on the sides of the road. Coming back down there are a few turns that you need to watch but it it does not rain anytime soon it will be perfect. I cant make it as I will be in Steamboat snowboarding.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
By popular demand, the ride route has changed......

We will be doing a SD ride, Palomar - to Idyllwild - to Banner grade.

Hope some SOCAL Riders can join us..

Would it be better to hit Banner Grade, cross over Yaqui Pass to Borrego Springs, up Montezooma Valley Road, over to Palomar and then to Idyllwild?

Keep in mind there is still a lot of junk (gravel) all over Idyllwild area. John, Dave and I were up there 2 weeks ago and it started to get dirty as we climbed.

Your route could be 15 frwy to Highland Valley Rd. into Ramona. Take a right on third street to Old Julian Rd. which dumps back out and take you toward Santa Ysabel and up to Julian. Down Banner Grade (78). Hang a left on Yaqui Pass into Borregp Springs. Monty to Pally and so on....

You could ride Mesa Grande but it's was pretty dirty this week.

JAZZ-n-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah man that sucks...I'm out now...it's too far from me now. I don't have that much time to do a long ride and ride an 1 hour and 15 min to get there and then back again.

I too was up in Idy a couple weeks ago also visiting family. I saw a couple FZs...were any of them your guy's?