I've gone over to the other side.....

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO to Lone....
the bike looks really nice. excellent choice on getting it in blue. you'll never be slow on a blue bike! :thumbup:

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys/gals,

I finally sold my FZ-6...hard to sell toys right now. This is what followed me home.

A 2005 Kawasaki Z750s. These are "kind of rare" in that were only sold in USA for 2 years 05/06. It's basicall a naked Ninja with a sport-tour riding position. Like it?

Hey, congrats man, another Kawasaki in the forum, awesome. I like the bike, I was actually going to get one a few years back, but opted for a cruiser instead. Maybe one of these days we can go for a ride. :rockon:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I sort of considered one when I was shopping for the second bike that ultimately landed me on the FZ6. Seemed to get good reviews as one of the few good bikes (FZ6 was the other) that was the European standard riding position that is so common there and uncommon here. It seemed a bit more power than I felt I needed after riding for six months, which was where I was when I bought the FZ6.

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
Dad had one... traded it in 3 weeks after he bought it. Be prepared for MASSIVE vibration.

I just saw one today for the first time ever- a guy on a road trip from Calgary down through Washington to get to Portland, OR had a blue '06 Z750. Never seen 'em before. Gorgeous color. Tell you what, though... he came into the store desperately looking for a gel seat pad to strap on over that stock seat. Also complained about the massive vibrations (said they mainly popped up around 6k rpm's), but he did say that every now and then the ridiculous amount of vibration came in handy- after about 10 minutes of cruising with the bike shaking so much, it vibrated his backside numb so he couldn't feel the pain caused by the seat anymore! ;):D

Congrats on such a beautiful new ride! The pictures don't do the color justice. Have fun and ride safe! :thumbup:

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
It's a good bike, congrats and many safe miles to you.

I am curious though. A friend has been kind enough to let me use hers when my bike has been out of commision, so i've ridden one a few times. Why you take it over the fazer?

Very similar in most respects to the fazer, same "market" i think, but totally different too. I's a lot noisier, but that's pipes, it's also a lot buzzier. While it feels great accelerating, i doubt it has much more performance than the fazer, and only because of the engine size advantage.

I don't like the seating (too forward), and i HATE the mirrors, you may want to put others on, can never see behind me. The other, and IMHO number 1 reason for me not wanting one, is it's twitchy. I can honestly say that where i have stuffed up, the fazer carried me through. I don't think that the z will be as forgiving. I always have the feeling that b1tch will bite if you having a bad day.

On the other side, she's a mean track animal ;)

So look after yourself, and her :thumbup:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
One parks next to me most days... I really like the look but now after riding the FZ6 for a year I pick up on all the little things I don't like about it. Still looks great IMO I did some research on it after I saw it for the first time.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike! I'm a dark sider myself, having traded for an FZ1 recently. We're still a biking family here though.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2 stroke?

If indeed based on the ninja, I believe it's an inline 4, 4 strokes sir...

That motor is basically the old KZ750 mil, a great motor, reliable as a rock.

How's the handleing with the steel tube frame?

audible

Hear Me?
Reaction score
Visit site
The reviews say that it is the Z1000 sleeved down to make a 750. Handles just fine for me...I'm just a cruiser who likes to hit the gas now and then. Will need bar risers for sure.

Last edited:

AIrey1507

Reaction score
Visit site
That motor is basically the old KZ750 mil, a great motor, reliable as a rock.

How's the handleing with the steel tube frame?

STOP!

You are talking about a completely different (but related bike), the Kawasaki ZR-7s. The ZR-7 (and ZR-7s) were sold in the usa BEFORE the Z750s came out (2000-2005 were the years iirc). The ZR-7s has the ancient air cooled motor, although it is very liveable and reliable after literally decades of improvement. The ZR-7s is carb'd, has a steel frame, etc. The Z750s came out in 2005. It uses a sleeved-down Z1000 engine with the same radiator and transmission used in the bigger bike. The Z750s has fuel injection, a modern aluminum frame and liquid cooling. It makes over 100 horespower (compared to around 70 in the ZR-7s).

Just so we're all on the same page :thumbup:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I was this () close to buying the last one in town back in Spring of 2007, but wanted to test ride an FZ6 first, (and could not test ride the Z750s, which sucked). So I held out a week, tested the FZ6 and liked it, but still went back to try for the bigger motor. But it had sold, and that was that. I see them once in awhile, and I'd love to have the bump in torque, but I have really enjoyed the fizzer, so maybe it worked out for the best.

Any chance you can post pics and more detailed thoughts after some miles? I'm still curious after all these years and I'm sure others would love to hear about how they compare in greater detail.

ehwilli

Reaction score
Visit site
On the off chance someone is looking for a Z750s, there is a dealer in Charlotte, NC who has two 2005 models still in the crates. One blue, one black they picked up from another dealer going out of business. $4999 for a brand new bike with full warranty. Here is the craigslist post - NEW 2006 KAWASAKI Z750s

FYI I'm not affiliated with the dealer, just in the process of shopping for an FZ6 and came across that deal.

audible

Hear Me?
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone requested an update. I've had my 05 Z-750s for a few weeks now, put some good miles on her and I just love it. Having owned Harley's and raced old Yamaha TT-500's I really missed the torque. The Z-750s has plenty. Plus, get many looks as there is only one other in my area that I know of.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on your new bike!

Still, the z750 looks a whole lot better naked. Don't know if you can get that in the US, though. Around here, I see them now and again. Looks good, but not as good as the FZ6;)