Ive been tempted..i might defect (again)

gpd211

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn why can't we get decent bikes here in the US? That Honda is dead sexy. Maybe I say that because there isn't one on every corner here in the US. Honda's build quality (fit and finish) is every bit as good as Yamaha.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
How about the KTM Superduke Karen?

KTM-Super-DukeR_800-tot_0.jpg

Does that float yer boat? :D

these are loads of fun! I have put quite a few miles on the Superduke and they are very comfortable to boot! They are, however, a bit scary in the corners.Their power comes on like a sledge hammer and can really take you by surprise. My buddy lowsided his three times because of that. Corner exit tire spin. With sliders and folding levers, he had no real damage. Thay sound quite nice with loud exhaust too.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you have to go with what you feel is right. You said that after the test ride you didn't want to give it back. That's always a good sign in a bike. Will you get bored with it after a few months though? I mean in terms of handling and power delivery.

I also think that the dealer is getting a better deal than you on this. I mean two decent bikes for one one. Don't let the FZ6 go with those smashing cans. If you do decide to do the deal. I will buy your FZ6 cans off you if you like. This will make up for a few hundred quid.

Good luck.

Nelly

PS I still think the dealer is robbing you.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you have to go with what you feel is right. You said that after the test ride you didn't want to give it back. That's always a good sign in a bike. Will you get bored with it after a few months though? I mean in terms of handling and power delivery.

I also think that the dealer is getting a better deal than you on this. I mean two decent bikes for one one. Don't let the FZ6 go with those smashing cans. If you do decide to do the deal. I will buy your FZ6 cans off you if you like. This will make up for a few hundred quid.

Good luck.

Nelly

PS I still think the dealer is robbing you.

Update..i sold the TL last night for £700 more than i was offered part ex..this make any scenario better now is ive not taken a loss on the one bike. Although i cant remember the exact offer, i remember the offer was reasonalbe on the FZ6..its was just the TL they took the p!$$ on

The FZ6 will be stripped back to standard.

As for the Varra..i love the low down V twin grunt (the TL spoiled me in that respect)..unfortunatley i dont think ill ever go back to a middleweight 600 4 pot and i cant change nature..im just not designed to fit on them (comfortably) :rolleyes:

Even if i dont buy the Varra, ill be in the market for a similar bike (within the same budget)..in a perfect world id get an awsome spec'd Triumph Tiger 1050 (pure sex) but their a grand outside my limit. But thats not to say this honda or even a mint VStrom 1000 would be a compomise.

I got a lot to think about in the next few days :confused:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update..i sold the TL last night for £700 more than i was offered part ex..this make any scenario better now is ive not taken a loss on the one bike. Although i cant remember the exact offer, i remember the offer was reasonalbe on the FZ6..its was just the TL they took the p!$$ on

The FZ6 will be stripped back to standard.

As for the Varra..i love the low down V twin grunt (the TL spoiled me in that respect)..unfortunatley i dont think ill ever go back to a middleweight 600 4 pot and i cant change nature..im just not designed to fit on them (comfortably) :rolleyes:

Even if i dont buy the Varra, ill be in the market for a similar bike (within the same budget)..in a perfect world id get an awsome spec'd Triumph Tiger 1050 (pure sex) but their a grand outside my limit. But thats not to say this honda or even a mint VStrom 1000 would be a compomise.

I got a lot to think about in the next few days :confused:
What about your zorst's mate????

My friend Dave has a Vstorm, great bike poor tank range.

Nelly

Puz

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you thought about the Beemer F800GS? I reckon they're awesome. They can just do the lot! :rockon:

Not sure about prices though... about 7k quid brand new I think but hold their value like nobody's business.

And just for you Gilo - Imagine blasting down Glastonbury hill towards the 'hall on that!!! haha.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And just for you Gilo - Imagine blasting down Glastonbury hill towards the 'hall on that!!! haha.

yeah with every glue sniffer and crackhead in Llanrumney in toe ..Just like the DRZ....lol

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What about your zorst's mate????

Nelly

sorry i was so slow getting back..im giving to 1st refusal to my best mates Bro .(Puz)..depending on what he says i'll PM you

Well the Varra is pretty much a done deal.. but sods law the TL broke down 24 hours after i sold it (wont crank when pressing the start button..NOT the Battery) anyhow a part of the deal was to get the TL fixed FOC (picked up and delivered back to my freind) also i keep all my extras from the fazer