Its 23.7 degrees here.

W

wrightme43

Well first ride below 30f will be this morning on the way to work. I think its going to suck. LOL
Will let you all know tonight.

W

wrightme43

I have one of those baclava things, but I need a longer one with windstop down the chest.

What gear are you using?

I have the Fieldsheer Higland II suit (B+) Fieldsheer winter gloves (C-) and sidi boots.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's about 23 degrees here too but it is cool because we had rain this morning and it is still a bit cloudy. Hasn't quite got into summer yet.

Oh you meant Fahrenheit? :)

W

wrightme43

I recently just purchased a Gerbing heated jacket liner and it was probably the best investment Ive ever made

How cold have you had it out riding?

I have been considering the tourmaster liner and gloves, but we only have right at 260 amps to work with if I am right.
Lights and engine taking up 125-150 of those right?

W

wrightme43

Need some ideas for keeping my hands warm.
Anybody recommend any decent gloves or alternatives....

If I cant use the heated gloves I plan on getting the HELD brand icebreaker glove.
I love my HELD steve gloves. Just functionaly perfect, its my understanding that all of thier gloves are just exactly right for what they are to do.

cashcrzzy

Meandering Member
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
I ride all winter long .The baklava neck things work great .I wear a t shirt and a carhart lined jacket . When it gets real cold like 15 degrees I wear ski gloves any other time I wear basic leather gloves with silk liner bought separate .
people do call me the polar bear though . lol
Greg A.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I have one of those baclava things, but I need a longer one with windstop down the chest.

What gear are you using?

I have the Fieldsheer Higland II suit (B+) Fieldsheer winter gloves (C-) and sidi boots.

You are joking, right?

I rode all summer and could count the days it was over 30 on one hand and I didn't wear a balaclava until last week when it was 3C outside!

aproccos

Reaction score
Visit site
Cold affects everyone differently. Some people can wear t-shirts when it is 30 out some people put on down coats if it is below 60. Has to do with circulation, not 'toughness.'

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
How cold have you had it out riding?

I have been considering the tourmaster liner and gloves, but we only have right at 260 amps to work with if I am right.
Lights and engine taking up 125-150 of those right?

Ive had it out down to ~40°F so far. The thing still keeps your upper half toasty warm but at that point, for me, its your hands and legs etc that get cold. I don't know the amperage requirements for the liner, all i know is that it works 100% on my '06 FZ. The liner was $200 plus $15 for the on-off switch. My dealer recommended Gerbing because they have a life time warranty on the wiring.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody tried the "hand gaurd" option...aka dirt bike style brush gaurds?? just a thought(wind reduction)...

W

wrightme43

Its a 15 minute ride plus or minus for stop lights.
Its not really that bad. The last five minutes or so my fingers are dang cold though.
It wasnt to bad today. Tomorrow and the rest of the week its supposed to rain and be cold so it will be worse. LOL

Its all going to work out.

W

wrightme43

You are joking, right?

I rode all summer and could count the days it was over 30 on one hand and I didn't wear a balaclava until last week when it was 3C outside!

LOL LOL
It was -4.7C here this morning. 3c is almost 40f and is no problem at all.
You crazy English folk. LOL LOL LOL :thumbup: