IT MCSE MCSA training question.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First a little bit about what I do. I’m a DCS Technician, a DCS is a Distributed Control System, basically I’m a network / system administrator of a Windows environment that runs the HMI of a Honeywell control system that controls a chemical plant. I’ve been doing this for 2+ years. I used to be an Instrument technician which is all the devices outside in the plant that the DCS monitors, adjust, or whatever.

Anyway I’m getting pretty good at this system admin job and was thinking about getting some certifications so that maybe I could advance my career or move away from process control and into a direct IT type job.

I was thinking about going to one of those boot camp certifications there is one in Atlanta and being a military veteran I can get Windows 2003 MCSA/MCSE: Security Certification for 5,870 dollars for a 16-Day Boot Camp which includes instruction and certification exams for:

70-270 (Windows XP Professional),

70-290 (Managing 2003 Server),

70-291 (Implementing 2003 Network Infrastructure),

CompTIA Security+, SY0-210,

70-293 (Planning 2003 Network Infrastructure),

70-294 (2003 Active Directory),

70-298 (Designing 2003 Secure Network),

70-299 (Implementing and Administering Security for Windows 2003).

I've never had any type of IT training and I'm not sure if this is worth it or not. I suppose I'm just curious right now and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this type of training.

The training company is CED Solutions

Thanks
Brandon