Is this the right spring??

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey everybody i just got my 30mm lowered rear shock from hyperpro today n im wondering if its the right one bc i have noticed that everyone elses on this forum has it in purple n i got it in black n it does not look anywhere near the rising rate on the pictures on others forums. Mine just looks like a regular linear spring. PLEASE HELP!! i dont feel like dealing w these hyperpro people AGAIN!:spank:

Take a look:
photo-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This from their website....

Rear Shock Spring Kit
Our progressive rear spring is designed to smoothly transfer engine power to the road whilst controlling the geometry of your machine. This will give you more stability and significantly reduce tyre wear. These springs are not only suitable on the track, but more also on the road. It absorbs irregularities in the roads, and saves you from hitting the bump with passengers at the back or heavy loads.

Rear springs are available in the colors Hyperpro Purple and Black

I've highlighted the relevent bit.

So now we know the colour is not an issue.:thumbup:

I must admit, that in those pictures it does look progressive, but like you say, not as obviously as in most of the photos around the place.:confused:

Has it got any numbers on it?

The part number for YAMAHA FZ6 04-09 30MM LOWER is... SP-YA06-SSB023

If not, are these numbers on your invoice/delivery docket/ Con Note?

And if all else fails, I'm thinking I read somewhere they have a satisfaction return thingy?:confused: Try it and see I guess.

Sorry I can't be more help....I don't know a whole lot about them. I was looking at them for a bit before I bought my Penske for the FZ1.:D

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i got the combi kit 30 mm lower..its numbers are sp-ya06-ssc023

on the spring itself it says hyperpro 0553

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i got the combi kit 30 mm lower..its numbers are sp-ya06-ssc023

on the spring itself it says hyperpro 0553

LOL...then that doesn't help much:rolleyes:

Looking at the spring, I reckon it'll do what it's supposed to. I think they only make progressive springs, so it'd have to progressive....I think...lol. Maybe it has to do with the 30mm lower thing? Probably thicker wire, so it'll stiffen up quicker. Of course that's just a guess, and I've now been up for 43 hours, so I might be talking complete crap...lol.:D

Must be bed time:thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
to ozzieboy thanks for your help man...go to sleep!:D

To caladin did u get that whole shock from hyperpro? or just the spring? is it the 30mm lowered

i called them earlier today n the guy i talked to said to mount the spring w/ the progressive side down....caladin your's looks like the progressive side of the spring is mounted up...am i getting the wrong info from a hyperpro rep bc even the in the manual they said "usually" the progressive side is mounted upwards