Is this just me?

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont know if its just me but i ride my motorcycle as my main mode of transportation (College kid and its much cheaper/funner:rockon:) and whenever i get in my car i am a lot more nervous driving around town... I hate changing lanes because of blind spots and i feel like im a dump truck driving around add on the fact that i dont have the get up and go to get out of bad situations and i almost feel more vulnerable?!?

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
No, not just you. I ride about 2k miles a month. Last year I put 3K miles on my truck, including a 1500 mile vaction to Oregon. I almost go nuts when I am in the cage.

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
Not me My trucks a 3 1/2 ton battering ram:D,

No I am careful and a very defensive driver though. My bike is also my main mode of trans when the roads are free of ice:Flash:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No it's just you. I think riding a bike has made me an even better driver. I no longer relax fully in a car BLOODY CAGERS LOL......

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a much more careful driver having seen what people do to me while I'm on 2 wheels. I don't feel "more vulnerable" but I do check my blind spots much more carefully, and always try and check twice when pulling out.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't drive my car because if I did I would murder myself just so there would be one less cager around.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the same way. Took maybe 3 years, but now I feel less apprehensive on my bike. And for the same reasons. I've got to check for blind spots, it's harder to stay ahead of traffic, and I don't have the power to get out of any sticky situation. I'm also especially careful to be observant of cyclists and motorcyclists obviously, so I usually find myself getting in a lane and sticking to it just to be sure.

I'm definitely a more responsible and observant driver since riding, but I still hate the lack of vision and manouverability in my car.

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Me to ! as of right now i dont have anything but my bike ... hahaha. I should probly be looking for a car but ehh it can wait till winter :D

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
Some times I get in a bind when choosing to ride or drive.... The BMW M3 or the FZ6 ahhh all the choices..... lol Really summer I ride about 80 % and winter time comes I have a friend who picks me up for work so the car sits ALOT.... lol

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
No it's just you. I think riding a bike has made me an even better driver. I no longer relax fully in a car BLOODY CAGERS LOL......

Me too. I was always a fairly safe driver but now that I am back on a bike I am so much more aware. At least on the bike I can see and maneuver better. In the cage I am aware of all the potential dangers but feel less able to see them clearly and react as quickly. At least the suit of armor and air bags should help.

Tim

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't give my opinion because only have my bike

actually I haven't driven a car in my entire life ( and I am 28 years young :BLAA: )

Cheers

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel very aware of all the blind spots in a car when I'm driving a car after riding my bike for the summer. I've gotten use to the feel of big cars and trucks because of my truck driving in the army. I drove the biggest truck the us army has, so anything else feels small in comparison. :BLAA:

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
worried about not enough acceleration in a cage? get one of these:BLAA:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDF1GNtCvw"]YouTube- Idaho Rob in Max'd out goes 9.80[/ame]