is this a good deal?

Matteo

Reaction score
Visit site
I paid 2800 for my 2006 with 21000 miles on it. It was in perfect condition.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Puncher

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my '04 with 13000 miles for $2800. 35,000 miles..... that's a lot... unless you know the person and know the bike was well maintained, I wouldn't go for it.

charleso47

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea it seemed a little high to me, but I wasn't sure. Wow, how did you guys find these deals? Ive been looking for a bike for ~a month now and have found nothing like that.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
The deals are out there. Got my 06 with 1400 miles yesterday for 3600. Mine was a really good deal and it's rare to find such a deal at the beginning of the riding season, but they are out there!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
35,000 is not a lot of miles for these bikes at all!!! People get this thing stuck in their heads on bikes that anything over 15,000 is junk when all it means is that the person who owned it actually rode it instead of looked at it. I got my bike last June by trading a car for it, the bike had 10,000 miles on it, it now has 28,000 and not a thing wrong with it and believe me I dog it. With any mechanical thing a little bit of maintenance will go a long way!!!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If you like the add on's he has then that should also be a considering factor on the price, a Corbin seat used is around $300 and a scorpion exhaust is about $500 used so now your talking about a $2000 bike so I'd say it's a good deal and don't let the miles scare you these are very durable bikes

charleso47

Reaction score
Visit site
he has documented maintenance and rides it daily with no problems. what kind of mileage could I expect from it tho is my question. Ive done a little research, but not in terms of life expectancy.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
100,000+ with proper maintence vegasrider is over 75,000 and has pretty much only done oil changes

Puncher

Reaction score
Visit site
35,000 is not a lot of miles for these bikes at all!!! People get this thing stuck in their heads on bikes that anything over 15,000 is junk when all it means is that the person who owned it actually rode it instead of looked at it. I got my bike last June by trading a car for it, the bike had 10,000 miles on it, it now has 28,000 and not a thing wrong with it and believe me I dog it. With any mechanical thing a little bit of maintenance will go a long way!!!

That's why I said unless he knew it was maintained. 35000 miles is plenty of miles for there to be a chance of poor maintenance. My first bike was a Katana with about 30k miles and I was very happy with it so I know you don't have to completely avoid bikes with that many miles. You just have to be a little more careful.

Yea it seemed a little high to me, but I wasn't sure. Wow, how did you guys find these deals? Ive been looking for a bike for ~a month now and have found nothing like that.

I posted a wanted ad on craigslist saying what kind of bikes I was interested in and how much I was willing to spend. These deals are indeed hard to come by especially this time of year and I consider myself lucky :BLAA:

charleso47

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone! This is my first thread on the forum but ive been reading through and there's lots of good info on here. Im going to look at iy this weekend and if everything checks out I will be getting it next week sometime.

Quick questio for all you fz6 enthusiasts. What should i be looking for to best determin the condition the bike is in? I've never bought a used bike.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone! This is my first thread on the forum but ive been reading through and there's lots of good info on here. Im going to look at iy this weekend and if everything checks out I will be getting it next week sometime.

Quick questio for all you fz6 enthusiasts. What should i be looking for to best determin the condition the bike is in? I've never bought a used bike.
I bought mine with 30k on it and it ran perfect. I changed the tires and adjusted the chain and changed the spark plugs just because im wierd about maintenance but i didnt have to. Previous owner rode it everyday.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Take it for a ride, don't be afraid of the mileage. We're not talking about a Harley Davidson! :BLAA:

The sad thing is this really isn't a joke! Next time you are at an HD dealer take a look at the used bikes. Last time I was in there I saw one with 50,000 miles and on the tag it said it had a complete top end rebuild and a bunch of other work on it. None of it was for performance! Not sure I would advertise that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: